Black Out

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 2 – Black Out

A lone truck drives up to a building owned by Foxteca and things seem quiet. Suddenly, a strange black blob soon slips out from the shadows and sneaks into the main control room. The blob forces its way into the controls and causes several explosions throughout the building. When the fire department arrives, the blob manages to escape in one of the trucks. What is this, another very of Clayface from the future version? That morning, Bruce heads over to see Derek Powers, who greets him but smoothly hides the files on his desk, asking Bruce not to touch a black statue in his office. Bruce says that he isn't there to take full control of Wayne-Powers but warns Powers to stay off the back of Foxteca, a business owned by Lucius Fox, Jr... Bummer...from there, Terry and Gwen waited for their boss back downstairs.

"Well, well, the McGinnis's boy and..." Powers didn't think that Gwen would be working for Bruce now. "Gwen Grayson?"

"We work for Mr. Wayne now." said Terry.

"And I found Gwen all alone with nowhere else to go, so I've decided to adopt her as my niece to aid me." Bruce explains. "She doesn't like some people she's not use to."

Gwen tries to be strong around Powers to still be alive from the nerve gas, for they don't know far from on what that madman has turned himself into.

"(Please don't notice me, Derek...)" she speaks up. "Mr. Powers, I am the new niece to aid Uncle Bruce from his business as Terry my best friend has been hire by him as well to help around the place." Gwen bows to try to keep her fire powers under control since the bracelet she has one. "Please have the business nice and simple, thank you."

It was good for Powers to find Gwen to get her someone, to have other different test subjects like her to grab hold of and destroy Batman somehow.

"Oh, please to meet you, Gwen, I heard a little about your new daily work. I hope you'll do well. And for you, Terry, to help out since your father sadly was killed. I'm very sorry for your loss. Good day now."

With the three leaving, wen was shaking a bit more to feel really upset to talk to someone like Derek Powers.

"I still can't believe he survive a gas that could've killed thousands...!" she said.

"Hey, it'll be fine, Gwen, we'll find out more later." said Terry. "You got anything, Bruce?"

He'll keep on trying...

"Not yet, but I'm getting somewhere. Megan will aid me on the rest later."

"Cool, and to help out Gwen fit in at my high school, can we get some time off?" Terry asked.

Terry asking Bruce that type of question, I doubt it.

"Yeah, right." he smiles to turn to Gwen next. "You'll fix right in with Terry and the others, Gwen, just be yourself."

She'll try to still be a bit shy for those she doesn't know.

"Easy for you to say, Uncle Bruce. Besides you, Terry, and Ace are the only ones I can trust on so far."

After Bruce. Gwen, and Terry leave, the statue turns into Inque, and she expresses concern that he is snooping. Powers dismisses her concerns, saying Bruce is just a tired old man.

"Now remember...Whatever you do to Batman and Mr. Wayne, make it quick. And for Gwen, I want her brought back to me alive." he tells Inque. "Are we clear?"

"But of course..."

The next day, Gwen becomes the new student in high school to say hello the best she could around other people.