Ace in the Hole

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 38 – Ace in the Hole

Terry drives Bruce to his chiropractor's appointment and then takes Ace for a walk while he and Gwen are waiting.

"Ten minutes."

"Yeah, yeah." said Terry to be walking Ace. "Come on, Gwen, I might need your help."

The couple enjoy walking Ace together.

"He's such a wonderful dog and my best friend to love...Well, I love you still, Terry. Mean differently for Ace." she said to her boyfriend.

"I know what you mean, Gwen. He's smart, strong, loyal, and one heck of a Great Dane."

Suddenly, Ace catches sight of a strange man and becomes wild, dragging Terry along while chasing after the man, who flees.

"Hey, wait!" Terry tries to get Ace back. "Gwen, help me out!"

"He's chasing after that man for some reason...Wait, Ace! Uncle Bruce said you have to stay with us to walk you!" Gwen follows the dog. "Slow down!"

Terry is unable to stop him nor Gwen couldn't use her fire powers without hurting her dog friend, and Ace rips off his leash and disappears.

"This is bad..." said Terry.

"(What's the old man going to say now about losing his doggie friend?)"

For Gwen's other half to think about it, the other Gwen tries calling out to Ace to be very worried.

"Ace! Ace, please come back! Ace!" she didn't get nothing. "(What's wrong with you...?)"

Bruce confronts Terry to go as Batman and Gwen as Batwoman, who Bruce's baffled as to why Ace chased after the man.

"How come you never put a tracker on him?" he asks Bruce.

"He never ran away from me."

"(Sorry we lost him, Uncle Bruce, please don't be mad. Ace was chasing some strange man who looked like trouble.)" Gwen tells Bruce.

He seems to believe in Gwen's words to find out something odd about Ace going after a strange man.

"Is like Ace wanted to go after him with reasons..." Bruce thought about it.

"Big words might be a big clue to find Ace." said Batwoman. "It's worth a try."

As Bruce wants the two to look for someone to find the person to know that Ace can survive on his own to be a fighter...He also calls up his wife Megan for some help.

"Yo, Bruce, what's up?"

"Look up on someone for me who Ace might know of before I took him in." he said. "Please, Megan."

She'll do what she must to hack into something to getting it down.

"Ace went missing...?" Megan guessed it right. "Okay, I'll see what I can come up with."

For Ace to be strong, he'll be fine for a little while longer...Back at the Batcave, Megan found something for Gwen to scan through and Terry to do the rest to put into the Batcomputer to look at the man on who he is.

"I think we got someone, look." Gwen points it out.

Based on his description, Bruce makes a composite drawing of the man's face and matches it against criminal records. He soon comes up with a match: Ronny Boxer, who has been arrested before on suspicions of animal cruelty and illegal gambling — in other words, he is a promoter of illegal dog fights.