Inqueling

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 42 – Inqueling

Out at Shimano Space Center a small group of people prepare to launch a satellite into space. Winchell, the company owner, is concerned as the satellite is worth a billion dollars. Outside, Inque emerges from the ground and sets to work destroying the rocket. Yep, she's back...

Nearby, Batman and Batwoman fly out in patrol over Gotham and notices the trouble while talking to Max.

"(Lots to be going on with Uncle Bruce and Megan to get out while we're patrol, but it's nice to see them together in love.)" said Gwen.

"Old love couples that is..." Batwoman makes a joke. "But in a good way."

Max thought it'll be good for Terry and Gwen to go out a lot more, at times they can.

"He expects for us to work even harder while he's gone!" Terry tells Max.

"(Sad, but true.)"

"Why?" Max asks them.

"He always thinks something bad's going to happen the minute he and Megan leave town." Batman sees the sky lighting up. "And somehow he's always right. Gwen."

"(Roger, Terry, let's move out.)" Gwen was ready. "(Maxie, we'll call you back later.)"

They go in to investigate and finds Inque.

"Ah...! Not this liquid witch I again...I hate her!" Batwoman was burning up and ready.

"Inque!" Batman gets her attention. "Last time Batwoman and I saw you, you were washed away in a storm!"

Well, it appears to be the new and improved villain of Inque now for round three.

"And now I'm rainwater fresh, Batman! And same with you, Batwoman. You hate me the last time...Well, you will even more from the new me."

Batman quickly tries to capture Inque by bathing her in liquid Carbon Dioxide but she calls herself up and vibrates, shattering the ice.

"It didn't work?!" shock Batwoman. "Give me a break...!"

She then goes on the offensive and conceals Batman in her body, not even Batwoman can burn her off of her partner's suit.

"(Inque! Let her go...!)"

Batman, however, was also prepared and activates an electrical field over his suit thereby forcing Inque off of him.

"Not this time..." said Batman.

Nevertheless, Inque manages to knock the rocket over and it launches over the ground eventually hitting a truck of petroleum.

"Batman! It's gonna blow!" Batwoman uses her shield to save everyone else with her fire skills. "Man, that woman can cause loads of trouble."

The rocket is completely destroyed in the explosion. At least no one else was hurt. After their failure, Terry and Gwen go to Max and tells her that he needs her to research Winchell and see who his competitors were.

"Try to see what you can find, Maxie, and I'll do the same." Gwen helps her friend out too.

"Okay, but Terry...Why not call Bruce and Megan about this?"

Max suggests calling up Bruce but Terry refuses saying that in his past two fights with Inque, Bruce had to put his life on the line to capture her.

"She was in the Batcave once." he tells Max.

"That's more than I can say." she said back.

He doesn't want to have to rely on Bruce again and insists he'll catch her himself this time.