Out of the Past

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 44 – Out of the Past

Terry, Gwen, and Megan take Bruce out on the town for his birthday, including a performance of 'The Legend of Batman', a musical based on Batman's legacy.

"I am vengeance...I am the night...I am..." the man playing as Batman begins to sing. "Batman!"

From three men and three women begin to sing in their villain costumes.

"Batman!"

"Batman!"

"There is a song the good folks sing!"

"Song the good folks sing!"

"Batman!"

"About a hero on the wing!"

"Hero on the wing!"

"Batman!"

"I am Gotham's Darkest Knight, the villains' darkest fright, turn on the signal light, for Batman! Batman!"

A huge wild applause happens for others to love it.

"They got a good one of me, huh?" Megan questions the other three. "Not bad."

It is apparently quite popular with the public of the day, including Terry, with sold-out shows.

"Are you enjoying this, Gwen?" Terry asks his girlfriend.

"I never been to a Boardway show before until tonight, Terry...This is fun!"

She seems to be enjoy it a lot with Terry and Megan with her husband, but Bruce himself...

"You hate me, don't you?" Bruce questions Terry.

"Lighten up. It's your birthday."

Like he already doesn't know about that and Bruce Wayne's age.

"Don't remind me."

Seems to be fun for Gwen for Bruce to be happy for her to see a show like this to like the real Batman only...The next scene happens where a guy dress as Gordon goes up to Batman.

"Good work, Caped Crusader! Once again, you've saved our fair city from those vile miscreants!"

"They were no problem, Commissioner! For as we all know, criminals are.." other Batman sings again.

"A superstitious, cowardly lot! They plan and plot, but they always get caught!"

Then the two together.

"Their evil schemes all come to naught! A superstitious, cowardly lot!"

"It's schway." Terry said to Bruce about the musical.

But to Bruce himself...

"It's schwarbage." he said back.

Bruce is naturally unimpressed, believing it to be a mockery of everything he has ever worked for, and leaves in the middle of the performance with Megan tagging along.

"Bruce, wait..." Megan follows him. You guys watch the show. I'll see Bruce home. Don't mind him. (Please don't be upset because of your age, Bruce. Please...?)"

Having Bruce's secret wife worry about him, Terry and Gwen stayed to enjoy the rest of the show.

"Will Uncle Bruce be okay? He looks sad when it's his Birthday."

"Maybe there's a lot on his mind to be with Megan instead." he thought about it. "Who knows. But at least I have you, Gwen."

Enjoying the rest of the night for the two kissed...Back in the Batcave, Bruce looks at some pictures of the women in his life. From Zatanna, Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, Andrea Belmont, Lois Lane, and Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Still, none of them could ever replace the women he truly loves a lot more being Megan Tsuki, the Psyche to love and to marry.