The Last Resort

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 28 – The Last Resort

While patrolling the skies of Gotham, Terry/Batman goes over a few updates on school events with Max.

"Let me see if I got all this: Jurgen is breaking up with Blade so he can see Chris, but Chris is interested in Eric, who doesn't want to date anybody. Now wait a minute, that doesn't sound like Eric to me."

Gwen/Batwoman were hearing all of this.

"School life to loving can be stupid." she said. "Not like you, Bats, with Gwen to love."

"It's not." Max tells Terry the other way around. "You're thinking of the other Eric."

Now she tells them both.

"Aw, man, there's two of them now?" he asks himself.

"Drama teens are so boring!"

No use complaining, Batwoman.

"See how important these little updates are? Without them, people would start wondering why you don't know what's going on at school anymore."

"(What we do without you, Maxie?)" said Gwen.

"I should just tell them I'm busy chasing renegade synthoids and living heads." Terry makes a joke.

Even if Terry did, no one would ever believe in him being Batman nor Gwen as Batwoman at all. For Max, Batwoman, and Gwen to say so themselves to him.

"They wouldn't believe it."

"Doubt it."

"(Not happening.)"

"Neither do I." he said back.

Just then, Batman and Batwoman hear sirens blare and sees a renegade truck giving the police a lot of trouble.

"Finally, it's show time!" said Batwoman. "Let's move out!"

Batman and Batwoman intervene but the truck is stronger than the Batmobile and the driver is flying like a madman.

"We got him."

Fortunately, Batman and Batwoman manage to stop the driver: Sean Miller, a student in Terry's history class.

"(You know this person, Batman?)" Gwen asks him.

"Sean Miller...He's in my history class."

If it was this Sean person, he wasn't being himself right now. Later, the chase forms part of a commercial for a new rehabilitation clinic for troubled adolescents. The clinic's founder, Dr. David Wheeler, reminds parents that new laws are imposing strict punishments on the parents of truants, and assures them that his methods can help troubled kids become normal and well-adjusted again. For Megan to be hearing and seeing this a lot on TV lately, she knows that something was up.

"Dr. David Wheeler, huh...?" she begins her own research. "(Knowing Bruce, he wants me to track this issue down. Because soon enough, he and the other two lovers are going to be need my head.)"

Smart thinking, Megan Tsuki. The clinic proves to be so popular that soon Hamilton Hill High School is nearly empty of students. One of Terry's classes has only eight students left. Chelsea is sure that the clinic is to blame, and sends a protesting e-mail to Principal Nakamura, calling this new solution 'un-schway'. Yep, something was up. This has Terry, Gwen, Dana, and Chelsea worry about this...

"I got this covered."

"Are you sure?" Terry asks Chelsea.

"My Dad does this all the time for things to work out afterwards." she said. "Trust me."