Ascension

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 12 – Ascension

It's night at the Gotham docks and Blight personally hosts a robbery of several canisters of polymer. After easily dealing with the dockworkers, he soon discovers more trouble when he's confronted by Batman and Batwoman.

"(Blight, we haven't seen him since he appeared with Mr. Freeze.)" Gwen said to remember the new villain. "(He's like me to turn his humanity into crime. And with that, Batman, we have to stop him.)"

And so they do for the two-crime fighting duo both put a stop to Blight's heist.

"Yo, Blight, guess who?" Batwoman taunts with the villain. "Welcome to your doom!"

Blight wasn't too happy to see his two enemies again, and for one of them to have been Gwen to know she was Batwoman.

"Batman! Batwoman!"

Batman and Batwoman both manage to stop the robbery and Blight ends up destroying all the canisters of polymer in a failed attempt to stop his enemy. However, the workers are trapped in a fire. Forced to save them, Batman allows Blight to escape.

"Batwoman, a little fire power please!" he asks for help.

For her to do just that by absorbing the fire into her body.

"You don't have to ask me twice, Batman, I got your back. You just get everyone else out of danger." she said back.

However, Batman discovers one of Blight's thugs and searches him, finding an ID card from Wayne-Powers, causing Batman to realize that Derek Powers is somehow involved in Blight's crimes.

"Hello." Terry/Batman sees some evidence. "Look at this, Batwoman, looks like some how's working for Powers and this Blight person's one of them."

This has Gwen to worry for the man put her so much to start to remember some of the things when she was created.

"(Derek Powers' the name I wish to never hear or to see in person.)"

"I know, could this mean that Powers is helping Blight?" questioned Batman.

Well, it was the other way around...Back at his lab, Blight fumes over his failure and asks how long the skin will last if they procure the materials through proper channels. His doctors say only about two weeks at most since the radiation and his temper is getting out of control. Deciding that he can no longer keep up the charade, Powers decides to call in some help.

"If I'm going to get better in a new change, I need to have Gwen's DNA to cure me." he said. "I can forget about selling her as a weapon to Kobra. This will have to do for me instead."

What did he mean by that? Well, maybe for Megan back at her company of bounty hunter work to discover more about Gwen Grayson – family, making a clone of her, powers, to selling, Powers himself, and so on.

"(Well, hello...What do we have here?)"

Looks like she did find something big. Elsewhere, out in the Verdezan branch of Wayne-Powers, people angrily crowd around the building chanting, 'Paxton Powers polluter!'. Paxton is unconcerned and refuses to listen to their demands.

"No more pollution. How do they expect us to make a profit?" Miss Winston, Derek's secretary, arrives and tells Paxton that his father wants to see him. Flying to Gotham City, Paxton speaks privately with his father, who says he's appointing him temporary chairman of the board. Derek says Paxton will be a puppet, taking orders from him, but if he does well, then he will acquire real power later. Paxton asks what's going on and Derek reveals his condition. "Oh, Dad..." Paxton sees it now. "And what of your little project?"