Disappearing Inque

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 10 – Disappearing Inque

Out at Gotham Cryogenics, a disgruntled employee, Aaron Herbst, walks in on Inque, trapped in a block of ice. He starts talking to Inque about his problems, including that he's been turned down for a raise, but then gets a call that his boss wants to see him. Just for luck, he kisses the ice holding Inque. However, his boss tells him that cameras have been monitoring his 'conversations' with Inque, and he's being fired. In revenge, Aaron cuts off the power to Inque's cell, allowing the ice to melt and freeing her. Oh, now he's done it. He's in love with this criminal! Being shown around the displays in the Batcave, Terry and Gwen were admiring an exosuit on display next to the costumes and asks about it.

"Look at this one, Terry. Amazing..." Gwen likes it. "Wow, Uncle Bruce, who knew you and Megan made these things a while back."

Then Terry goes up to a armor-like Batman suit.

"What does this one do?" he touches it to make it move to trying to grab Terry and missed.

Bruce says he built it when he first started losing his strength and endurance to old age—the suit greatly increases both, but he soon realized that using it put too great a strain on his heart.

"Careful." said Bruce. "Its an exosuit. To move how you do it ten times stronger. For me to you use over the years as I gotten older, it strain my heart."

So that's why, it's too powerful to use. But what if Gwen or Terry used it?

"Sorry to hear, Uncle Bruce. It must've been hard."

"A lot of things you showed me in the last few months to be touring..." said Terry to tell Bruce this next part. "Someday you're going to tell me the real reason why you stopped being Batman."

"(When the time comes, Terry, be patient. Look at Gweny here, she is with her family like a good girl.)" said Gwen's inner self.

She's right, for all of the distraction's been hard to have a grand tour at the Batcave to still have a look around from time to time.

"We get it...Terry, please understand that we will see more in here." soon they hear an emergency crime alarm. "As soon as we stop other bad guys."

An alarm goes off alerting both men to Inque's escape, and a news report shows that she is holding employees at the cryogenics plant hostage.

"Inque..." said Bruce.

"(Not her again!)"

"The last time we fought against her, Terry..." Gwen remembers Inque's weakness. "She hates water and ice. And some to slow down from my fire if its really hot."

Remembering their last confrontation, both Gwen and Terry suit up and takes along Mr. Freeze's cold gun.

"Good thinking, Gwen." he said.

"Just in case." and Bruce.

As Gwen transforms to get suited up herself...

"Right...Burning Passion! Batwoman!"

...They were all set to move out. As Inque releases the hostages but Batman and Batwoman notice that one of the officers is wearing a black coat.

"Its on the officer's body. Inque's disguising herself as a heavy black coat!" Batwoman points out. "Let's get her, Batman...She's going down this time!"

Deducing that this coat is actually Inque for those to attack at her.

"I'm back." she said. "Do you two miss me? How sweet."