Mind Games

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 22 – Mind Games

Megan reports to Bruce and Terry about Gwen's disappearances to happen since late last night who hasn't return at her place yet.

"Bruce! Terry! We got a major problem on our hands!"

"Megan, calm down." Bruce reads her loud and clear. "What's wrong?"

They talk to Megan from the Batcomputer to see what was going on.

"It's Gwen! I thought she might be with you, Bruce. Or you, Terry, but she hasn't come back to my place since last night. I think someone must've kidnapped her that wasn't no Rat Boy!" she said.

For Terry to go out as Batman, he knew there was trouble with Gwen to find her right away.

"Gwen?" he was shocked. "She can't be kidnapped!"

"Terry, wait!"

It was time to get to work on the search for Gwen Grayson.

"It's okay, Bruce, I can track her down with the device turned off. I'll start looking around Gotham, and you do the same to guide Terry."

You heard Megan, let's get down to business on a person search.

"I'm on it!" Batman flies on out of here. "(Gwen, where are you? Please be okay!)"

It's a dark and stormy night over Gotham and a small family fly through the city in their car. Suddenly, lightning strikes the car, and they lose control. Fortunately, Batman is nearby and manages to save them while doing a quick test for something he and Max were studying on.

"Terry, you have to study a little while trying to find Gwen. I'm sure she's fine." she said. "I'll help you find her too. Now repeat the names for me please..."

"Fine." he says the names again. "Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton..."

Terry tries to remember the rest of the presidents' names.

"Yeah?"

"Uh, I can't remember the next one." Terry said to Max.

"Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."

Lighting strikes the car for it to go down, and Batman to try to save them. The family is unharmed but the young daughter stares at Batman with a sad, disturbing look. Weird...With Batman seeing them leave – little does he know that the girl was with the out old Gwen to be tied up from the two responsible of her kidnapping.

"(Terry...Terry...? Where are you...?)" she was too weak to do anything.

The next day Terry goes to school, and during a test he sees the girl he saved arrive in the class. She asks him to help her because she 'doesn't want to go'. However, no one else seems to notice her.

"Please, you have to help me." she said to know that Terry is Batman. "I don't want to go. And neither does your friend they have with me name Gwen."

Now Terry knows it was her and Gwen who are in danger.

"(Gwen? With the girl, they also have Gwen too?!)"

Terry goes to tell Bruce about her and from Gwen's whereabouts later on. While Bruce contemplates the information, Ace suddenly notices something is wrong and Terry sees the girl again.

"Is she here?" Bruce asks him to see Ace growling. "If she knows of Gwen to be with her, it might lead us to something. Talk to her."

"Who are you?" ask Terry.