Rats

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 21 – Rats

An ominous newscast speaks of Gotham's 'secret shame': giant man-eating rats. These rats are blamed for several disappearances. Max states they are nothing but an urban legend and a way for media to get more attention, but Chelsea seems to believe them. Dana however is more concerned with the fact that Terry has stood her up again. And I think we all know why for Dana to learn about him seeing Gwen a lot to make her very jealous. As she was just getting to her studies to still have some issues with Terry to still have trouble deciding...

"Dana?" he sees Gwen to know that he wanted to see Dana instead. "Oh...Gwen, hi. How have you been?"

She just looks sad again to walk away still.

"I'm fine. Sorry to trouble you."

Hard to go through this, huh? Well, Terry had another problem to deal with right now.

"(Still mad at me...Working together, but less hanging out. I missed it.)" Terry sees Dana to talk to her again. "Dana!" Terry arrives and tries to patch things up, but she refuses to listen.

Terry apologizes claiming Mr. Wayne needed him again and doesn't blame Dana for being mad. However, Dana reveals she is more than mad as she has tried to be patient with him and while Terry replies she has been great as she has always been there for him, Dana points out that she doesn't feel that way in return as she has only received broken promises and dates, claiming that Terry cares more about his job than her.

"Doing a lot of things for Mr. Wayne. And a lot more closer to Gwen Grayson too."

"We're just friends."

He shouldn't said that to Dana at all.

"Friends, huh? Is that so? Is that why she's mad to try loving her more than me?" she argues with Terry.

"Dana, I have responsibilities now. My mom and brother depend on me. What do you want?" he asks.

"Someone who occasionally will be there for me. Is it me or her?"

Terry reminds her that he has responsiblites now since his father died as his mother and brother depend on him more and asks what she wants. Dana reveals she would like someone who will be there for her and leaves. Terry tries to go after her, but Chelsea advises him to give her some space and leaves.

"Sorry, McGinnis, girl time." Chelsea does over to talk to Dana alone.

Max admits to Terry that it's a shame he can't tell Dana the truth.

"Too bad you can't tell Dana the truth on what you're really doing, Terry." said Max. "And for Gwen, she's still mad at you?"

He didn't want to say too much.

"Afraid she is...I don't know what to do. They're but great, and I have to choose between one of them..."

"Then choose, how hard can that be?" she asked.

"I don't know. Gwen won't talk to me unless we're on night patrol." said Terry. "I just don't know what to do."

When Dana reaches her car, she finds a white rose and a note saying, 'I'll be there for you'. Assuming the rose came from Terry, Dana begins to change her mind. Gwen felt someone was in the area to look around to see no one where the students park their cars, although she does know someone was watching on Dana the most.

"(Who was that...? Some type of dirty stalker...?)" she keeps an open mind from it. "(I better keep my eyes open. Not just for Dana to keep safe from, but for Terry...He probably wants me to because he likes her more. He loves her...And I'm just a friend.)" Gwen looks at a sign to take her anger out on it to be melted in seconds. "Stupid!"