The Call Parts 1 and 2

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 46 – The Call: Parts 1 and 2

The Justice League Unlimited heroes of the future, the best ones to be around to protect lives and stop bad guys:

*Mareena/Aquagirl - Like all Atlanteans, Mareena could breathe underwater and was a speedy and graceful swimmer. Her skin and strength were also tougher than a normal human's, to withstand deep sea pressures. Mareena inherited her father's ability to communicate telepathically with undersea life, including alien aquatic life forms like Starro. Her empathy gave her a more compassionate outlook than some of her comrades, though they sometimes dismissed it as naiveté. In the future, she also acquired hydrokinesis, a power her father also seemed to have.

*Barda Free/Big Barda - Big Barda possessed vast strength; sufficient she could lift a locomotive train with no difficultly. She also wielded a mega-rod. The Rod was durable enough to brace the shear forces of a collapsing building and could shoot powerful blasts and could also be used as a thruster. Barda made use of aero-discs; small Frisbee sized discs placed under her boots that permitted her to fly. In combat Barda wore armor that segmented over her body but when not in use retracted. Barda also has access to a Mother Box which allowed her to summon Boom tubes for interstellar travel. As a New God, Barda also possessed a natural degree of longevity, as she has shown no signs of aging in the years between the Apokoliptian Civil War and her time in the JLU.

*Kal-Ro/Green Lantern - Despite his young age, Kai-Ro showed remarkable maturity and wisdom. He had also been around the universe and exhibited excellent proficiency with the Power ring. It is unknown how Kai-Ro received his ring, though the possible scenarios are that the ring chose him after the death or retirement of Kyle Rayner or John Stewart, both of whom shared the duty of Earth's sector of space.

*Micron - Micron was capable of shrinking and growing his body to varying degrees, apparently at will. He was also able to fly.

*Rex Stewart/Warhawk - Being half-human, Warhawk lacked the organic wings of a Thanagarian, but he donned artificial wings harnessed in a remote retractable pollinized aluminum steel casing. However, Warhawk apparently inherited his mother's super-strength, showcased by nearly matching blows with Superman. His suit could cover his entire body in armor and could be piloted remotely. It also had retractable claws.

And the last two...

*Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman and *Helen Star aka Absorb Gal - Superman continued to manage the creatures he was previously imprisoned with to his Fortress of Solitude. One of these creatures seized control over Superman in the 2040's and held sway over him for several years. As Helen Star is half human to absorb elements to use and have super skills like Superman does.

In Metropolis, a commuter monorail loses control and starts speeding down the wrong track, on a collision course with another. Micron boards the train and manages to uncouple the passenger cars and evacuate the engineer to safety. However, as soon as Micron tries to exit the train, a force field pops over the door, making it impossible for him to escape.

"A force fields?"

In the ensuing crash, Micron is badly wounded. Something must've happened to be some type of set up...In Gotham City, Batman and Batwoman are chasing down Inque, who catches sight of a nearby civilian, and wraps herself around him to hold him hostage.

"(Batman! Inque has a hostage!)" Gwen was worried.

"Okay, you two. Back off. Unless you both want for me to put the squeeze on him." she said.

What can neither of them do...?

"Careful, Gweny. Bats. This witch means it." said Batwoman.

However, the 'civilian' spins at superhuman speed, splattering Inque in all directions, and revealing himself to be Superman — a bit older, a bit grayer, but still as strong and active as ever.