Golem

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 3 – Golem

It's a typical day at Hamilton Hill High School and nerdy Willie Watt feels the effects of biology when he sees Blade Sommer. He tries to talk to her, but Nelson Nash arrives in his car and shoves him away. Gwen sees this to be walking by in shyness for someone to get bullied.

"(Nelson's so mean to this person...Trying to talk to someone he likes for this bully to get in the way is very mean. I feel bad for the person.)"

Willie confronts him but is pushed into Nelson's car.

"Ah, now look what you done!" he stops to see Gwen to be watching while trying to hide. "Ah, is Gwen trying to be a hero or something."

"Gwen?" Willie sees her.

She comes out of hiding a little.

"Nelson, is it?" she tries to be strong. "What you're doing to Willie is very wrong. Go bother someone else and quit harassing Blade."

"Harassing? Me? You saw this nerd making a scratch on my poor car, I'm only teach him a lesson." Nelson moves in closer to Gwen. "If Blade doesn't want to go out with me, maybe you do."

Gwen tries to stay strong to not let her powers take over.

"Sorry, I don't like mean people."

"Leave hr alone, Nelson." Willie tried to help her out.

"Shut it, nerd." he said back to holding Gwen's hand. "Come on, Gwen, I'm a nice guy once you get to know me..."

Nelson gets angry at the fact that his car was almost scratched and prepares to beat Willie up and makes his moves on Gwen but is stopped when Terry intervenes. Even when Nelson was moving in closer to Gwen.

"Lay off them, Nash." Terry warns his rival. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

Saved for Gwen was very happy to see her friend.

"Terry!"

"You think I'm afraid of you, McGinnis?" Nelson questions his rival.

"I don't know. Are you?"

Nice one! Nelson just glares at Terry to stop.

"He's not worth it." he said to Willie to turn to Gwen next. "You'll get to like me soon enough, Gwen." Nelson then turns to Terry. "But you are, McGinnis. Someday."

Well, luckily for Willie got away with a ripped shirt.

"You okay?" Terry asks.

"Yeah...Fine." he leaves to say his thanks. "Thanks for helping me, Terry. And Gwen, thanks for standing up for me."

Once he leaves, Terry was a bit worried about Gwen was having Nelson move too close to her.

"I hope Willie will be fine."

"He's smart to know what's right and wrong." he tells her. "Are you hurt, Gwen? Stupid Nelson keeps on bothering you. If you don't like him, walk away."

"I do, really." Gwen tells Terry. "You know what I am around others. Even with this bracelet, I still don't want to use my fire powers on him for everyone to know my secrets unless I'm Batwoman...Or the other me. And I hate feeling weak."

Feeling bad, Terry had to try cheering Gwen up somehow for him to place his arms around her waist.

"Don't say that, Gwen, you're strong. I've seen your skill. You can do anything; you can fight back to still be a cute and kindhearted as you already are."