Speak No Evil

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 45 – Speak No Evil

A lone figure travels through the alleyways of Gotham and people are immediately panicked at his appearance. Elsewhere, Terry, Gwen, Dana, Max, and Howard are walking up to the library.

"I still feel like getting books is different..."

"Different to read or not to have." Max corrects Howard. "We have to have these things.

"I don't mind having both really. Learn more about things, even to animals." and Gwen. "(Only because my other half likes it more.)"

While Howard wonders aloud why libraries are still in existence, Terry hears a scream in the distance.

"Did you hear a scream?" Terry asks his three friends and Gwen his girlfriend.

"Hey, it's Gotham City. That's practically our theme song." said Dana.

Taking the cue, Maxine tells Howard that she wants a Bee Fee burger. Howard argues with her and Terry finally acts fed up and says he'll go get one himself.

"Gwen, come with me so I won't mess up on the order again."

Gwen knows what that means.

"Coming, Terry." she follows her boyfriend. "Max. Howard. Dana. You guys save us a seat, please."

Batman and Batwoman fly out to a group of frightened people, and they point out the lone figure: a gorilla.

"Whoa! Is that a real gorilla...? And for some reason I can relate."

"(Please don't.)" Gwen to her other self. "(Batman, we need to be careful around this ape. Gorillas are twice as strong if they're threaten to kill anything it their way, as gentle as they are at times...we better approach to it calm and not threatening.)"

Batman walks up to him trying to keep him calm with a soothing tone.

"Easy, boy. We're not goin to hurt you..." he does his best walking up to it.

However, the gorilla becomes a little agitated and starts to walk away. Batman then jumps on the gorilla.

"Hey!" Batwoman uses some fire and a something soft for Batman to land on. "You look threatening to it."

"Not helping...!"

This proves to be a mistake as the gorilla becomes enraged, hurls Batman off and runs through the streets. The gorilla makes its way to the train station and hitches a ride on a train.

"(Is that gorilla hanging on to a train?)" surprised Gwen. "(I know they're very smart, but nothing to be smart to hold up to a back of a train!)"

Batman and Batwoman try to catch onto the train with a grapple but the gorilla knocks the rope off.

"Bats, I'm not using fire on a smart and wonderful animal it is."

Something new for Batwoman to say, although she's right. When Batman and Batwoman try to fly after the train he discovers that it's too fast and the gorilla gets away. While Batman and Batwoman watch the gorilla's escape, a couple of men run up calling out to 'Fingers'.

"Fingers!" one of the scientists is name Fulton.

"Fingers?" both Gwen and Batwoman said at the same time.

"Fingers?" same with Batman.

Well, there was a very good reason why Fulton call the gorilla Fingers...