Joyride

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 15 – Joyride

A small gang of Jokerz ride out of Gotham City on their way to initiate Lee, a new member of the gang. On their way out they are buzzed by a highly advanced flying vehicle that races overhead.

"Ha, ha, ha!" one pilot laughs. "First thing they're going to do when they get back to Gotham is tell their buds that Martians are coming."

"Second thing. First, they got to get their pants cleaned." and the second one made a joke.

Though they are startled, the Jokerz continue on. Meanwhile, the pilots of the vehicle laugh over their antics until they are contacted by the vehicle's inventor: Dr. Price. She asks them to report the numbers on the various gauges and suddenly becomes agitated when she hears the fuel temp. She orders the pilots to abandon the vehicle and get as far from it as possible. The Jokerz take Lee to an abandoned mine shaft for his initiation, first putting some clown makeup and a fake nose on him. Lee, who is new to the Jokerz, is a little apprehensive about what they're going to do with him. But before the initiation begins, the vehicle lands nearby. As the pilots emerge, the Jokerz easily take them out and jump into the vehicle.

"It is a U.F.O., isn't it?" ask Coe.

"Wake up, Coe!" said Scab. "All the writing's in English."

The other Jokerz clown member does it get it at all.

"You can read?!"

After fiddling with the controls and realizing it is equipped with weapons, Scab decides to take it for the Jokerz. As the gang flies back to the city, Scab receives an urgent call from Dr. Price, telling them they have to return the vehicle immediately. He refuses to listen to her and cuts off the call before she can tell him why. In the city, Scab picks up the rest of the gang, and takes them on a joyride around town. First, they go to a Bee Fee Burger restaurant and get free food at gunpoint, giving a demonstration of the craft's weapons first. For some meat juices were falling all over the place, even on Gwen's hair.

"Ah!" she didn't like it at all. "Hey, gross...I wanted to just relax for today, but not like this."

For her and Terry to be hanging out to see who was responsible for this mess.

"That's because the Jokerz Gang's causing problems." Terry happens to be at the restaurant and calls in the Batmobile to pursue them as they leave. "Gwen, you know what to do. Suit up. I'll get the Batmobile ready to take flight."

For that to be coming to them, Terry to go as Batman, and so does Gwen to transform into Batwoman right away.

"Okay, then we'll hang out later. Burning Passion! Batwoman!"

Gwen transforms for her other self takes over to have a little fire show to stop the bad guys.

"Jokerz again, huh?" she said to be up in flames and ready. "It's show time."

For this was a race battles in the skies from good against evil.

"Hey, Bats, you two wanna race?" Scab mocks them both.

With Gwen letting Megan know about this mess...

"(Terry, I told Megan what was going on. Maybe she can give us information.)"

And then Terry/Batman tells Bruce about it.

"I think it's some sort of military vehicle: real fast and maneuverable."

With Bruce busy to be doing something to hearing about it and Megan working on something to learn about the vehicle, he tells Gwen and Terry to get the job done.