A Touch of Curaré

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 11 - A Touch of Curaré

Commissioner Gordon and her husband, D.A. Sam Young walk along in the park late at night.

"I heard the D.A.'s office is plea-bargaining the Densmore case. Do you know how hard my men worked to...?" Barbara said.

But her husband Sam Young just wants to spend time with his wife and not talk about work for today.

"Uh-uh-uh, no shop talk after hours. You want to discuss my shortcomings as a D.A., call my office and make an appointment, Commissioner." he then kisses his wife.

All was sweet, that's when a woman painted blue and wearing white rudely interrupts them. The woman attacks with daggers and a sword that is sharp enough to easily cut through a tree. Gordon defends herself and her husband, but the woman manages to deflect gunfire with her sword, and to slice through anything thrown at her. Batman and Batwoman appear none too soon, managing to save Sam, but the woman now attacks them next.

"(What type of person is she?)" questioned Gwen.

To Batwoman though, she wants to get the job done to save lives and stop the bad guys.

"Don't look at me, Gweny, I just see the danger to take action and then ask questions later."

From fire power from Batwoman to give it her all against the assassin to cut right through it and the light pole too as Batman was standing on there...That sword of hers was very sharp and deadly.

"I gotta get me one of those swords." he said.

"And I have to know how she does the wind cutting through fire power with it." Batwoman helps her partner out. "Just as soon as we stop this mummy-she-male first without getting cut into ribbons!"

The police soon arrive and start firing on three combatants until Barbara tells them to leave off Batman and Batwoman. In the confusion, the woman manages to escape. For Terry and Gwen have to get to the bottom of this mess right away.

"(Batman, I think we need to tell Uncle Bruce about this mess and see if Megan can help us out.)"

Later, they do just they. As both Gwen 'with her inner self' and Terry learn from Bruce that the woman is named Curaré, a member of the League of Assassins. Her scimitar has been laser-sharpened to an edge no thicker than a molecule.

"Tell us, Megan." Bruce asks Megan.

As she tells the three who Curare is...

"I'll be happy to. Curaré was a member of the Society of Assassins, and its best and deadliest killer.

Nobody remembers Curaré's real name, and nobody has seen her face. But everybody knows she's deadly, and possessed an unending knowledge of killer tactics. She was an excellent martial artist, and was designed to kill. She possessed a scimitar that has an edge no thicker than a molecule. It could cut through anything and deflect gunfire. Curare is spelled without the accent which is also the name of a poisonous plant used by some South American native peoples to tip their arrows, and by medical doctors as a muscle relaxant. Interestingly, one of the symptoms of curare poisoning is blueish skin nor does she speak at all. Out of all the bounties my team and I have face with, she's the only one who keeps getting away a lot."

Now they know of the danger Sam was in to have Barbara worried about her husband's safety. Let's not forget about the sword can be stronger than steel to cut through anything to also destroy a gun bullet in half.

"We're dealing with a bad person from the looks of it." said Gwen.

"I guess we'll have to keep our eyes on Commissioner Gordon, right?"