April Moon

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 34 – April Moon

A car lands near Gotham Jewelry Planet and four teenagers climb out. One of them is nervous but their leader insists that they have nothing to worry about. The leader promptly renames himself 'Bullwhip' and proceeds to crack a steel whip that emerges from his wrist. He calls to another member of his gang who reveals he has a retractable suit of armor granting him the capability to smash through a steel door. A third member of the gang has chain saws extend from his knees and wrists and uses them to cut through a safe. Batman and Batwoman arrived during the robbery and start to take on the gang.

"(I told you I felt something not right about these boys, Batman. Look, their bodies are replaced with metal parts of some kind.)"

"Looks like it, Gwen. You're right as always." said Batman.

With Gwen to be right, and her other half Batwoman to be ready to fight with them.

"Hiya, boys...What do you all say we dance?" she play around. "I warn you; I am on fire today."

At first, they have the upper hand and even manages to greatly disable the saw wielding member by smashing one of his knee saws. For Batman gives them a beat down, and Batwoman uses fire-like smoke to slow down and fights them, done within seconds.

"(Look out! The other one has metal parts too!)" Gwen warns her partner.

However, the one member left behind to stand guard attacks Batman with piston-covered fists. For Batman tries to melt it off, but it was too powerful.

"Son of a gun...A metal that can't be melted...We got a problem here, Bats!"

The rest of the gang get back up and manage to beat their enemy. However, Batman discovers a servomotor left behind from the injured gang member and takes it with him and Gwen/Batwoman.

"The great thing about stopping bad guys, is to have something to track them down that they left behind them." he said. "Gwen, you care to do the rest?"

Gwen gets to hacking to scan the item.

"(I'll see what I can do.)"

Elsewhere, an old man sits up late at night and is surprised to find the gang came to him. He mentions that their being around him wasn't part of the bargain, but Bullwhip insists that the bargain is anything he wants it to be. The doctor tends to the injured teenager but scolds him on leaving the servomotor behind. Meanwhile, Terry and Gwen take the servomotor to Bruce and comments on how it looks like one of the servomotors in his and is girlfriend's costumes.

"It does look like it...' Megan does the same to look this machine up too. "If Gwen's doing the same as I am, we should find something."

Bruce agrees and explains that he bought them from a doctor who had been revolutionary in making artificial prosthetics, Dr. Corso.

"He use to do the works for me about a year ago." he tells them.

"So what happen to him, Uncle Bruce?" Gwen asks her step-uncle.

After taking a look at the servomotor Bruce's suspicions are confirmed for Gwen and Megan to know and for Terry believes that...

"I guess the good doctor isn't so good anymore."

Bruce mentions that there's something strange about the circuitry and sends Terry after Corso.

"Megan, let's you and study this some more. Something's not right." he said to his wife.