Dead Man's Hand

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 7 – Dead Man's Hand

Out at sea, a single man drives a sailboat and is rudely shoved out of the way by a huge yacht. The snobby passengers mock him but are soon distracted by a group of people dressed as playing cards: a King, Queen, Jack, an Ace, and a Ten, riding flying cards. The group attacks the passengers and steals their possessions. Batman and Batwoman notice the commotion and reports to Bruce.

"Pick a card any card..." Batwoman made a joke. "A group of people likes to play their deck quite well."

"(What does that mean?)" Gwen said to her other half to have a look and see. "(They look like rich family type to steal from other rich people.)"

"Looks like it, ladies." Terry/Batman tells Bruce all about it. "They look like they're dress as a type of plain cards."

Bruce recognizes the villains but doesn't have time to explain.

"Plain cards?"

"Looks like it, Bruce, he knows what we're getting on about." Batwoman added. "Could you tell us the scoop?"

Well, Bruce will get back to that part way later, but for now...

"Come on, Gwen, its time to take flight." he said.

Not good for the five to be robbing others.

"You'll get another one soon, enough." Ten said to the rich woman. "And you won't have to steal for it."

"Yeah, she earns hers the old-fashioned way." Jack made a joke.

Soon enough, Batwoman and Batman arrive on the ship and breaks up the robbery.

"Five of you against two of us...Well, two in the half including my other real self." Batwoman said.

For this girl to stop Ten and Jack, for Jack really likes Batwoman's attitude.

"Feisty lady, but I love that from a woman like her." he winks at his enemy.

This makes Gwen and her other self-feel weird to not like Jack at all. However, Queen wrecks the ship and demands that the two allow her family to escape or the people of the ship will die for Gwen to point out the danger.

"(They're playing dirty!)"

"My husband, or the passengers?" the Queen make them choose. "Who's it going to be, you two?"

Batman and Batwoman have no choice and allow his adversaries to leave.

"Okay, people, everyone out of the ship and into the lifeboat before drowning." Batwoman tells the people.

Bruce checks to see if everything is alright.

"How's it going?" he asked.

"(We're good, Uncle Bruce, and so are the people.)" Gwen reports back.

"Although they got away." When Terry informs him they got away, Bruce insists he comes back to the Batcave to learn more about his enemies.

"Try coming back, we need to talk about them."

However, Terry tells him they'll meet later as he is late for another appointment, Bruce tries again to talk with him but soon realizes Terry is already gone.

"Later, I got an appointment." Terry/Batman flies off. "Hey, Gwen, let's hang out later on when we can."

For Gwen to see Terry leaving for her to go check on her friend.