Sneak Peek

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 30 – Sneak Peek

Reporter Ian Peek introduces another episode of The Inside Peek where he reveals the secrets of Gotham's elite. He prattles on about how the trainer of a heavyweight boxer is flirting with the boxer's girlfriend, how Rocker Jamie Jerald is illegally getting spliced, and, for the headline story, Paxton Powers's indecent behavior at a private party. Well, no one likes him so that's understandable. Megan watches this to hate people like Ian is.

"(People like him make me sick...)"

False reports he did about Megan Tsuki in the past, not so friendly with each other. Matt McGinnis eagerly watches this last segment, but his mother shuts off the television. Terry, nearby, tells his mother to lighten up since it's just entertainment.

"Come on, Mom. It's just entertainment." Terry said to his mother.

"You wouldn't find it so entertaining if you were on the receiving end." She retorts that he'd think differently if it was him on the show.

Later that night, a crime boss, Jimmy Lin, sneaks into City Hall for a meeting with D.A. Sam Young, to secretly testify about his gang's activities. Lin is anxious that he will be found out, but Sam assures him that they are completely alone. Neither of them know that Lin has been followed into the building by a mysterious man seemingly composed of flashing blue and black matter, capable of passing through walls. Unnoticed by either man, the mysterious figure films Lin's testimony, until Sam sees him and summons a guard. The mystery man manages to disable a guard, then Batman and Batwoman arrived.

"(I sense trouble nearby.)" said Gwen.

"Trouble in City Hall you mean."

Once Batman said that, Bruce was surprised to be happening in the office itself.

"City hall? Better be careful." he said.

"Always am."

"We'll be fine." said Batwoman.

"Yes, Terry, but you've never had to face politicians before. And Gwen needs to be on your feet." he said back.

The two attacks to person together, but all his punches seem to pass through empty air while the mystery man is perfectly capable of hitting Batman.

"Hey, ghost boy!" Batwoman uses her fighting styles to fire attacks to pass right through this person. "I missed...? What is this person?"

Finally, the man starts a fire and escapes, entirely unharmed by the flames.

"Batwoman!"

While Batman is down, for Batwoman deals with the fire just in time to help out her partner only for the person to escape.

"I got this." she said. "Good thing you're not dead, Bats. Still, that person's annoying on what he does."

"(More than that, he's too good having some type of tech ability to turn invisible...You think Megan can help us out?)" she asks her other self and Terry/Batman.

The man touches a device on his belt, switching off the blue and black energy field and revealing himself to be Peek. Oh, boy! In physics class at school, Terry learns that solid matter is mostly composed of empty space and asks if it's possible for some objects to pass through others. His teacher, surprised at Terry's sudden interest and for Gwen to try to get more information about it, for the teacher explains that most scientists believe that to be impossible, but there was one who thought otherwise. For Megan tells them what she learned from the facts.