Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 39 - Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

A gang of Jokerz launch a raid on Gotham Shipping to steal a large piece of electronic technology with three forklifts. Another Jokerz gang here, I'll explain who the six of them are...

*Bonk 'Ben "Bonk" Knox' - In the normal time stream, Bonk was a hulking man with brute strength, but little finesse or judgment. He was strong enough to match Batman's enhanced strength, but neither quick enough nor smart enough to beat him in a fair fight.

*Chucko 'Charles Buntz' - Chucko was a nasty bullying type who truly enjoyed inflicting misery on others. A head enforcer for his Jokerz gang, he was a lot stronger and faster than his flabby gut would lead one to believe. True to his sadistic nature, Chucko's face was always hidden behind his mocking clown mask.

*Dee Dee (Dee 1) and Dee Dee (Dee 2) ' Delia Dennis and Deirdre Dennis' - The twins were Olympic-level gymnasts and experts at tumbling and hand-to-hand combat. They proved difficult for Batman to defeat in combat initially, due to their cooperation.

*Ghoul - Ghoul is not much of a physical fighter, virtually always being the easiest member of the gang Batman has beaten (usually with one punch). He does seem to have a vast knowledge of technology, as he was able to locate equipment for Joker's plan. With his upgrades in an alternate future, he was considerably much more of a threat although he was still brought down easily when confronted by the Justice League.

*Woof - Woof was a giggling criminal who was spliced with DNA from a hyena, and joined the gang of Jokerz led by the resurrected Joker. While most spliced individuals managed to keep their humanity intact, the effects on Woof were more extreme, and he had become nearly feral. He would often be paired with Ghoul, during various robberies committed at the request of their leader.

"Let's have some fun, people!" said Ghoul. "Come, Woof!"

"Right!" same with Chucko.

"Let's do this!" Bonk too.

"Lots to do tonight, huh Dee Dee?" one Dee said to her sister.

"The sooner, the better, Dee Dee." and the other one.

The robbery is interrupted by the arrival of Batman and Batwoman for her to start things off with some fireworks.

"Well, look at this Bats! Six trouble making Jokerz gang people are at it again for us to stop."

For her to show up for Gwen/Batwoman were ready...

"(We won't let any of you hurt the many lives.)" she said.

And so does Batman to show up out of the shadows.

"It's a school night, boys and girls. I'm gonna have to call your folks." he said.

A fight ensues, which turns into a pursuit in the skies of Gotham City. One of the forklifts the Jokerz are using to carry away the equipment, piloted by Bonk, takes off to fight Batman, leaving the equipment and the other craft to crash.

"Hey, the craft...!" Batwoman tires to slow it down from the fall. "So heavy..."

Batman overcomes Bonk and Batwoman stops Woof and Ghoul single handily, and Bonk craft crashes. The equipment crashes to the ground, but Chucko manages to retrieve its memory chip and escape with the others before the equipment explodes.

"(They got the memory chip of the thing!)" Gwen then asks her boyfriend a question. "(Now what?)"

Seeing the mess they made, the Jokerz need to be stopped.