Heroes

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 5 – Heroes

Another crime-ridden night has befallen Gotham. A group of thieves wearing rocket packs have stolen an extremely valuable computer chip and are confronted by Batman and Batwoman.

"Not this time, guys." Batman catches one of them.

As Batwoman makes some fire to slow them down to appear from the front.

"Hi, boys. Didn't your Mommy and Daddy every tell you men never to steal something without paying up front first? Otherwise, you're all committing a big crime."

Batman manages to stop one of the thieves but is downed by another. Batwoman tries to use her wings of fire to stop the rest to be too fast to catch up either one of them. As Batwoman saves Batman to recover, a woman seemingly made of blue mist, wisps by and flies up to one of the thieves. For Gwen to feel something out from her being different like she was.

"(Another person with powers to use them for good?)" she questions herself. "(Terry, look. There are others like me. I'm not alone.)"

She then coats him in a layer of ice causing him to fall. Next, a large creature made of partially molten lava grabs up a large block of cement and knocks two of the thieves from the sky. They are then saved and captured by an extremely flat and stretchable man.

"Wait, there are two more." said Batwoman. "Hey, Gweny, I guess its three more people just like you, but different."

She was right for they just helped out the two crime fighters just now.

"(Its more than that, they're almost like superheroes with powers to have for a long time.)"

For Gwen wanting to know more for her Inner Self had an odd feeling, for Terry/Batman asks this next question.

"Who are those guys?" he asked.

Later, a newscast introduces the trio as Magma, Freon, and the 2-D Man. They were once scientists, Dr. Mike Morgan, Mary Michaels, and Stewart Lowe respectively, but were bombarded with radiation during a particle fusion experiment.

"We warn viewers that the tape we're about to show might be too intense for children."

Like Matt 'Terry's little brother' or his friend didn't care to keep on watching.

"Turn it up!" Matt's friend said.

As a result, they transformed into super powered beings and became government-sponsored heroes calling themselves 'The Terrific Trio'.

"This is amazing!" Gwen sounded happy. "Uncle Bruce. Terry. Do you guys know what this means? There are others with powers to have and to live to use them for good. I thought I was the only one, but I'm not. And the best part is this, they weren't Derek Powers' slaves or weapons to be made at all."

"We're happy if you are, Gwen." Terry said. "And with them around, it'll give us enough time to do my homework."

Terry wonders if he'll have more time for homework in the future, but Bruce is skeptical.

"We'll see...Gwen, I wouldn't give your hopes about them so soon."

Yet another crime-ridden night befalls Gotham and this time, the police and Megan with her bounty hunter team have to deal with a hostage situation involving a city councilman's wife and young daughter. The kidnappers refuse to negotiate and plan to take destructive measures unless their demands are met. Fortunately, the Trio appears and deals with the problem, they stop them all in seconds.