Armory

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 29 – Armory

Terry, Dana, Gwen, and Max attend Jared's birthday party. The crowning touch is his stepfather's present, a new car.

"This guy's lucky to have a rich stepfather..."

So Max was saying...

"Is it just the case of you being jealous?" Terry teases her. "It shows of him being a good father figure to Jared."

"He seems better since his mother got married to him." and Gwen. "Family is important."

Then the music starts to play again to dance to.

"Talk, talk, talk. Let's dance." said Dana to help Gwen to show off her moves. "Come on, Gwen, don't tell me you ever dance before."

"Not in public, no..."

"Then show your moves. Come on!" she does.

For Gwen gives it a try to really enjoy it a lot to dance throughout the party for everyone else likes it, even for Jared to find her cute and the other boys.

"Wow..." Terry couldn't keep her eyes off of her.

"You shake it, Gwen!" Max cheers her own.

Looks like Gwen was enjoying it a lot for Terry to step in to dance with her next.

"You're cute when you dance for me."

"Terry, you're funny. (Thanks, Dana, I'm glad we're friends now and Terry too.)" she was happy to see Dana getting along with them again.

Dana Tan has changed a lot to be happy to have them as good friends. God to know...During the party, Jared's mother, Lorraine, remarks on the extravagance, but Jim says that nothing is too good for his family. A short time later, Jim is stunned to be find out he's being laid off; apparently, Paxton Powers 'not him again' is eliminating his division, light weapons manufacture, and merging it with another. Jim tells his family not to worry he's the best there is in the business. After several days of looking, however, he is still no closer to finding a new job. He is becoming desperate when he has coffee with an old acquaintance, Istivan Hegedesh, who mentions that his company has secret, in other words illegal, dealings with a certain foreign country which would be very interested in a prototype weapon Jim was working on, a sonic beam emitter capable of blasting through steel. Jim says he'd have to break into Wayne-Powers and steal the design specs.

"What do you say, Jim, I need an answer..."

Istivan mentions a large payment for his work. With Gwen finishing up her shopping to overhear Jim talking to Istivvan about something to do that was very bad.

"(Jim? Something's wrong, I feel sadness, pain, and anger in his heart to make some type of bad deal with this man. He's trouble.)" she said.

Drawing on his experience with Special Forces, Jim dons a combat suit and a mask and infiltrates Wayne-Powers to steal the specs. He is caught on the way out by both the police, Batwoman, and Batman, but manages to evade both with an arsenal of sophisticated, but non-lethal, weapons.

"Well, we're dealing with someone not normal for a super villain..." said Batwoman. "He's too good."

"Way good." Batman added in.

The media dub the thief 'The Human Armory'.

Jim receives a down payment from Istivan, and mentions that he needs to break into one more facility to get the parts for the completed weapon. He mentions running into Batman and Batwoman, and Istivan says that all wars must have casualties, if one side wants to win. Seems likes Gwen gets something down 'from what Megan has taught her', to see that Jim might be the Human Armory. For her and her inner self sees that Jim was up to no good.