Lost Soul

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 16 – Lost Soul

A newscast reports the death of Robert Vance, owner and president of a powerful computer company. Knowing that he was dying from an incurable brain disorder, Vance took steps to safeguard his company's future by digitizing his mind into a computer program, to act as a helpful 'advisor' to future owners. It's like some type of sci-fi thriller movie with this type of thing, huh? With Megan to learn so much from Robert's old work to study a lot to hack from his designs today.

"(Robert Vance...Without his work, I wouldn't never try hacking into things from the very beginning.)" she remembers it well. "(Good times, good times.)" Thirty-five years later, in the present, a young man enters Vance Enterprises and re-boots Vance's program. The young man identifies himself as Bobby Vance, the elder Vance's grandson. Bobby is now the owner of the company, the last member of the family after his father died of a heart attack. Bobby is still young and is not sure he can handle the responsibility. Robert reassures him and encourages Bobby to put his program online, and he complies. I don't like where this is going. From Gidget 'Megan old computer friend to have the data t keep but lost the shell man years ago', get a alarm to set off when the Robert program goes on the loose. She couldn't hack into it so much any more to get so help besides her husband Bruce. "Ah, seriously? I'm going to need some help from someone."

And she does, none other than Gwen to be finishing up from aiding her step-uncle Bruce around the place to get a call from Megan.

"Yes? This is the Wayne Residence, who is this who's calling?"

"Gwen, just the person I wanted to talk to." said Megan.

"Hi, Megan, is there something wrong?" she asks.

"There will be without your help. I'll be right over to teach the ways of hacking to things with yours truly. Because something is about to go down involving a man who put his brain into computer systems all over...I'll explain when I get there."

Once Megan hangs up, Gwen was lost on what she meant.

"Learn how to hack?" question Gwen. "Is it illegal?"

With Megan's help maybe...Elsewhere, Dana and Terry share a romantic night up on the roof of a skyscraper. After they decide to leave, they board an elevator that suddenly starts to erratically drop and rise at a dangerous rate just before they were about to kiss. Terry looks out and sees the entire city being affected in much the same manner. Terry manages to stop the elevator and heads off to see Bruce and Gwen.

"Manual? On an elevator?!" questioned Dana since Terry learn something of emergency shut down manually from elevators from back then.

"I better go find Mr. Wayne and Gwen. Dana, I hope you'll be okay taking the stairs." he said.

"I'll be fine, you better be careful." Dana said and then gets out safely.

Once Terry goes to the Batcave to explain Bruce and Gwen on what's been happening, and for Megan to arrive to help her new friend out so far.

"Hacking into the entire city of Gotham?" Gwen asks Terry. "That sounds scary."

Bruce explains that the program has been hoarding information all over the city's network, causing random device malfunctions.

"its because whoever's doing it, it's causing lots of malfunctions all over." said Bruce.

"Randomness." Terry added.

Still, one can never be too careful even for Megan to say so.

"(If I'm right about who's doing this, then...) I say we investigate this matter at hand before the other parts of the city's machines will put other lives in danger. And the sooner for you, Gwen, to learn the hacking skills from me the better."