𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

▎FORGOTTEN FLAME  ▎
»»———— act two. KATHERINE
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ━━ roses

Arabella had offered to help elena look after rose, seen as though she was dying from a werewolf bite

Arabella had offered to help elena look after rose, seen as though she was dying from a werewolf bite. Bella felt guilty that she couldn't help, because she didn't know how to cure a werewolf bite. She didn't even know if there was a cure.

So Bella and elena helped rose towards Damon's bedroom and walked her towards his bed. "I'm a vampire. I haven't had a cold in five centuries." The weak Rose said as elena held a glass of blood, watching as Bella placed her down softly.

"Just get in bed." Elena said softly as Bella took of rose's cardigan.

"We don't get sick." Rose continued as Bella looked at the bite that was spreading. "When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." She said as Bella helped her lay down, pulling the cover over her.

"You're not gonna die." Elena shook her head as she still held the glass of blood.

"Such a human thing to say." Rose croaked out as elena looked around Damon's room. "You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" Rose realised.

"Nobody's aloud in his room except from his daily flings." Bella sarcastically joked as rose smiled at the joke. Elena picked up a book as she scoffed, placing it back down.

"Now what you expected?" Rose jokingly asked.

"It's just a room with a bed." Elena shrugged as Bella sat on the edge of the bed, softly brushing stray hairs out of roses face. "Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets." She joked as the three girls chuckled.

"You're lucky, you know. Both of you." Rose looked up at the two. "No one's ever loved me the way you two are loved." Bella felt sympathetic as her other hand held roses hand.

"Well, I doubt that." Elena said as she sat beside bella.

"Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. Spent all those years on the run from elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire." Rose explained as bella looked down at her with a sad smile.

Arabella loved her family more than anything. She never wanted anything bad to happen to them. She cared for everyone. Even rose.

Elena picked up the glass of blood. "Why are you so eager to give it up?" Rose continued.

Elena sighed as she turned around. "I'm not giving up on anything. Here." She said as she passed the glass to rose, Bella helping her hold the cup.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" Rose said as she looked up at elena.

"I call it my best option." Elena shrugged.

"It's your easiest option." Rose argued softly.

"That's not fair." Elena shook her head as Bella bit her tongue.