𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

▎FORGOTTEN FLAME ▎
»»———— act three. THE ORIGINALS
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ━━ channeling

"So you lost your necklace?" Caroline gasped as she sat on bellas bed, holding one of her pillows

"I didn't lose it. I had it on me all day yesterday. I didn't take it off once." Bella groaned.

"But you have a new necklace. I've never seen that before." Caroline pointed at the necklace around her neck. Bella tilted her head as she shrugged. Caroline gasped as she placed her hands over her face. "No! Klaus gave you it!"

"After I dropped off elena at her house, I came back home and there was a box and a piece of paper that came with it." Bella sighed as she turned to her desk and gave the sketch to Caroline, who opened it.

"The big bad wolf draws!" Caroline looked at the drawing as she handed the paper back. "And what does he mean 'sorry that tonight was ruined?'"

Bella had a sheepish smile on her face as she placed the paper back down on her desk. Caroline frowned as she studied bella, then her eyes widened. "Don't tell me you two-"

Bella was quick to cover Caroline's mouth as she pointed downwards, talking about her brothers. "No, no. No we didn't. I can't believe you jumped to that."

"What, your face said it all! Wait, did you two kiss?" Caroline playfully narrowed her eyes as she studied Bella.

Bella shook her head. "No, we almost did, but damon decided he'd snap kol's neck." Bella rolled her eyes as Caroline chuckled.

"Oh, now you have the hots for klaus." Caroline poked her finger in bellas arm, making her waft her hand away.

"You know I hate that word." Bella cringed as Caroline rolled her eyes. Then Bellas phone rang, making her sigh as she grabbed her phone, looking at the unknown caller. "Hello?" She answered it as Caroline listened in.

"Arabella, it's lovely to hear your voice. I apologise for not speaking to you last night." Elijahs voice made Bella frown as she sat up.

"Yeah, sorry 'lijah, I was preoccupied." Bella bit her thumb as she looked at Caroline. "Are you okay?"

"I would be if my mother wasn't planning on murdering me and my siblings." Elijah sighed as Bella looked at Caroline with wide eyes. "And elena knew all about it."

"Are you serious? When is this supposed to happen?" Bella asked elijah as Caroline continued to listen.

"Tonight. My mother will draw power from the full moon to kill us. I was just wondering if you knew anything about this, but by the tone of your voice, you was clueless." Elijah said honestly.

"I'd have no part in this. And my brothers do not tell me anything." Bella ran a hand through her hair as she stared at Caroline. "Is there anything I can do?"