3. The Results of Protection Neglection

September 30th, 1987
12:46 pm
Sky POV

"SKY!!!"

"What?" I groaned putting the pillow over my head. I heard Kae open my door & smack her lips.

"Getcho ass up!! We got rehearsal today."

"But im sleepy & I got a headache," I whined.

"Girl getcho ass up!!!" She snatched the pillow off my head & I whined rolling around. "Stop acting like a baby. You are 24 years old." I rolled my eyes & sat up looking at her evilly. She put her hands on her hips. "I ain't going no where till you go in that bathroom." I rolled my eyes once again & stood up. She acted so much like a mother, it didn't make any sense.

I Watched You On The Floor
Cheek To Cheek
She's Getting To You
You Didn't See-Her Eyes On
Me-No
She Looked Right Through You
(Before You Make)
Before You Make
(A Big Mistake)
Remember
That Looks Can Fool You
Babe, Hee!

There's Something I Would
Sure Appreciate
(If You Can Keep A Secret)

Baby Loves Me
But She Never Shows
She Cares
(No, You Won't See Her Kiss
And Hug Me)
Baby Loves Me
No She Acts Like I'm
Not There
(That Doesn't Mean She
Doesn't Love Me-Ooo)

If They Ask Her
Tell 'Em That We're Just
Good Friends
Dah! Chika-Chika-Chika-Ah!
Just Good Friends
Ah! Chika-Chika-Ah!
Ooo
(Doot-Do-Do-Doo)
Hee! Aaow!
Just Good Friends

It was hella ironic that we were dancing to 'Just Good Friends' by Michael & Stevie Wonder. But then again, everything involving Michael had been ironic to me since that night.

I focused back on the dance pushing the thoughts of that night into the back of my head. I would lose focus if I continue to think about that. I spun towards Kae, getting a little dizzy, which was weird. That never happened before. Spinning didn't make me dizzy.

I ignored it & continued to dance. I spun away & started to get even more dizzier. Then, all I heard was Kae yelling my name & it all went black.

I awoke an hour later in... a hospital room. I groaned. Kae know I hate hospitals. I sighed & looked around. Speaking of Kae, the fuck she go?

The door cracked open & in came the damn devil. She smiled at me, already knowing what i'm thinking.

"Kae, you know-"

"I know, I know. But after 10 minutes of trying to get you the hell up, we thought it was best that we brought you here."

"We?"

"Yes we," my other bestfriend/dance classmate, Dawn, said walking in the room. "You scared us Sky."

"How long was I out?"

"Bout an hour," Dawn replied looking at her watch. "No later than 2."

"Damn. Yall didn't call my family, did yall?"

"Hell no," They said together & I giggled. They already know how my parents are when it comes to me.

"Good. Don't need Aaron & Sariyah having a fit."

"And we don't need Aj in here flirting with nobody." We all laughed.

"So what did the doctor say?" Before they could answer, there was a knock on the door & in came the doctor. I keep speaking people up.