38. This X-Mas

December 24th, 1989
11:31 PM
Sky POV

"This is so beautiful," Dawn said as she looked around at the fully decorated house. There were Christmas decorations everywhere, Michael decided to go all out for the twins' second Christmas & his first one.

"The best Christmas decorations i've ever seen, must be nice to be rich," Kae said & I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm not rich," I said as we walked back towards the living room.

"You well on your way to it, Ms. choreographer slash back up dancer," Kae said, teasingly & I smiled.

In the past few months since 'Rhythm Nation' was released, I was getting calls from artists left and right to choreograph music videos or be a back up dancer. I declined on being a back up dancer, well Michael made me decline because it was beneath my worth in his eyes, but I did choreograph a few videos. I did Babyface's 'Tender Love', The Good Girls' 'Your Sweetness' & Prince's 'Scandalous'.

And yes I said Prince. And I don't know why he hired me because he didn't need my help at all. I honestly think he wanted to piss Michael off, and he definitely succeeded.

It's like Dawn & Kae read my mind, because they started smirking & singing.

"Come... closer. Feel what you've been dying for, don't be afraid baby, touch it and explode!!!" They sung obnoxiously before busting out laughing. I playfully rolled my eyes, trying to not laugh at their childishness.

"Yall better stop before Michael hears," I said, and I spoke him right up. He was walking down the hallway towards us.

"Ooh shit, see ya!!" Dawn & Kae immediately dipped off into the kitchen, leaving me by myself. They knew we weren't on the best of terms, as always it seemed, and they didn't want to be in the middle of that.

"Having fun singing Prince songs with your guests?" Michael asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"We can't sing Prince songs now?"

"You mean the song he basically tried to seduce you with?" I scoffed, shaking my head.

"I'm not doing this tonight, Christmas is in the morning. We're going to have a good day, with both of our families & that's that. Goodnight Michael." I started walking away.

"Scandalous dreams Skylar," He yelled after me & I rolled my eyes. He was getting on my last damn nerves. It had been almost a month since the video came out, he needed to get over it.

He felt that Prince had hired me just because I was his girlfriend, and just wanted to try to take me away from him. And he couldn't seem to get past that. Michael's trust issues were really starting to get the best of him, and I didn't know how much more I could take.

December 25th, 1989
7:18 AM

Hang all the mistletoe
I'm gonna get to know you better
This Christmas
And as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be together
This Christmas

All I could hear was 'This Christmas' playing from all of the speakers that Neverland when I woke up. I rubbed my eyes, getting out of the bed & walking over to the window, seeing my family walking from their guest houses to the main house. I yawned, turning & heading to the bathroom, doing my morning routine before heading out there to greet them.

"Merry Christmas!!" I yelled as I walked out to the living.

"Merry Christmas!!" Everybody yelled back.