41. The Kid

June 25th, 1990
12:24 PM
Sky POV

"Eww!! Why are we watching this?" I asked, squirming & hiding my face. We were watching 'The Fly' & I was utterly disgusted.

"Because Jeff Goldblum is fine," Kae said, eating her popcorn.

"Not when he's a human fly hybrid," I said cringing.

"I mean, if you say so," Kae said stuffing more popcorn into her mouth. I shook my head as Jeff Goldblum dragged Geena Davis to one of the pods. As he dragged her, she accidentally ripped off his jaw, and he transformed completely into a insectoid-human creature. The sight of it made me want to vomit.

"I see disgusting things all the time, but this really takes the cake," Dawn said grimacing. "I may not ever look at Jeff Goldblum the same." I nodded in agreement.

Finally, the movie ended with him dying & I sighed in relief, standing up.

"Im glad that's over," I said stretching.

"Wait, there's a sequel."

"Bitch we ain't watching no sequel!!" Dawn yelled, standing up.

"Yall are pathetic," Kae said rolling her eyes & standing up. Then she headed out the living room into the kitchen. "Are yall hungry?"

We were at her & Dontae's new house. And yes I said house. They had moved out of the condo Michael once stayed in & had bought themselves a house. They had even started talking about getting married & starting a family. I was excited for them. I had been wanting this for them since they first started dating in high school.

"Nope, I have to go. I'm meeting up with Randal before I head to the hospital," Dawn said, gathering her things.

"Oooh, getting serious are we now?" I asked teasingly. She shrugged with a smile.

"I like him a lot, but we'll see." Dawn was back dating and had officially started her residency in emergency medicine. My girl was doing the damn thing!!

Everything was looking for me and my loved ones.

But of course, that wouldn't last long.

"But, my little dating life is not of importance right now," Dawn said with a smirk & I knew what she was about to bring up. "Let's talk about this wedding."

"What wedding?" I asked, trying to hold back my smile.

"Exactly bitch!! What wedding?!" Kae asked, walking out of the kitchen with a sun sandwich. "Because this bitch act like she doesn't want one since she hasn't started planning!!"

"I literally just got in engaged two weeks ago, Kaelyn," I said plainly.

"It's never to early to plan, Skylar," Kae replied, mocking me.

"And didn't you say you wanted to get married in the summer?" Dawn asked. I nodded. "Well then you better get a move on it because next summer with be here in a hot second."

"I never said next summer."

"Well when then bitch?" Kae asked. "Because if it ain't next summer it probably won't be until summer of '94, with Michael releasing an album and possibly going on tour."

"He doesn't want to go on tour though," I pointed. Kae & Dawn scoffed.

"Child, please. It ain't about what he wants, it's about what the label wants. They gon make that negro go on tour." I thought about it, and they were absolutely right. And I definitely didn't want to wait till 1994 to get married.