45. Remember The Time

January 5th, 1992
1:32 PM
Sky POV

"Why? Why do yall insist on doing everything at Neverland?" I asked, throwing my hands up as I sat in the living room with my two best friends.

"Because," Kae said as she shuffled through her stack of papers. "It saves money. Also it's beautiful, big & that's where Elizabeth Taylor had her wedding & it turned out great."

"If you say so," I said, scribbling what she said down in my notebook. "You calling Michael to ask him though."

"Okay?" She asked. "Anyways..." Kae decided that she wanted to have her wedding October 24th, exactly a year and 4 days after she was proposed too & also Tae's birthday.

He was mad, but he knew the chances he was taking proposing to her in October.

Kae also decided to plan her own wedding, which meant we had no choice but to help her. She seemed pretty fine as of now, but I knew once it got closer to the wedding, she would start losing her shit.

And I'd probably be right with her.

"...but the wedding won't be too big so we should be fine." I nodded.

"I still don't understand why you wanna plan your own wedding," Dawn said scratching your head.

"Because, why pay for someone else to do something I can do myself?"

"... Because you have a shit ton of other things to do. And being a bride is already stressful as it is."

"I'll be fine," Kae said waving her off.

"Kaelyn, you literally just started your party planning business last June. You will not be fine!!"

"That's why yall are here," She said, smiling. Dawn & I exchanged looks.

"Ma'am," Dawn said & I snickered. "I'm in my third year of my residency. In Emergency Medicine. I have the most unpredictable schedule. And Sky is a single mother trying to juggle a career as a choreographer."

I gave her a look.

"You didn't even have to add the single part."

"I'm tryna make her get the point!!" Kae shook her head.

"We can handle it," Dawn sat back in her chair, groaning as the phone started to ring.

I got up & headed into the kitchen as Dawn continued her attempt to change Kae's mind. I shook my head, Dawn know Kae is stubborn, and vice versa.

I picked up the phone & put it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Do you have any thing booked for later this month?"

"Hello to you too Michael," I heard Kae & Dawn get quiet & I peeped out of the kitchen to see them looking my way, smiling. I rolled my eyes before moving back to my original spot.

"Hello, my beautiful baby mama," He said, making me blush. "Now do you have anything booked?"

"I might, I have to look at my calend-"