46. In The Closet

March 15th, 1992
9:05 AM
Sky POV

"Did we all really need to be here for this?" Michael asked, rubbing his eyes. "And at this early at that?"

"And at my house," I added, wondering why Kae wanted to meet at my house instead of her own.

"Yes you all did have to be here," Kae said, smiling big as Tae stood next to her, annoyed. "And because your house house is middle ground between my house & Michael's house."

"Okay, but what about me & Dawn?" Greg asked & Kae rolled her eyes. "This was not middle ground for us."

"Well it was middle ground for Michael & that's all that matters."

"Just say you trying to stay on his good side since you having the wedding at his house," Dawn said & Kae smiled.

"As a matter of fact I am," Dawn rolled her eyes as we snickered. "But, let's talk about the reason I brought you here. We've finally picked who our maid of honor & best man are." She paused for a second, expecting excitement but didn't get it. She sucked her teeth. "I'm not saying until yall get excited."

"Oh my god, who?!?" Dawn said in her valley girl voice & everyone except for Kae got to cracking up. Kae rolled her eyes.

"Yall get on my damn nerves," She mumbled as Tae pulled her in for a hug.

"Awww, yall stop messing with my baby now," He said, kissing her forehead as we stopped laughing. "Alright, for real. Let's get serious."

"Who's your best man, Tae?" Michael asked & Tae smiled.

"Both of you." Both Greg & Michael frowned, looking at Tae.

"Seriously?" They asked before looking at each other & mugging. I shook my head. I really wish they would let their anger towards each other go.

"Yes. I couldn't choose. I've known you since we were younger Greg, but there was a point in time where we didn't talk for reasons we won't speak on," I snickered & Greg gave me a side eye. "And during that time, Michael came in & kind of replaced you as my best friend." Michael smiled. "And being able to say Michael Jackson was my best man in my wedding is a big bonus." Michael's smile turned into a side eye at Tae as we giggled.

"Yes, now with that being said," Kae started. "My maid of honor is..."

"The both of us," Dawn & I said together & Kae sucked her teeth.

"You bitches can't let me have shit!!"

"Sorry," We said, giggling.

"Hahaha," Kae rolled her eyes. "You know I would only have one maid of honor if bitches got married like they were supposed to," Kae said, looking at me. I gave her a look as Michael shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Kae smirked at me. "Shut yo ass up didn't you?"

"Is that it?" Greg asked, bringing the attention to him. "That's all yall called us over here for?"

"Nope," Kae said, smiling. "Now that y'all officially have your titles, it's time to do your duties." Immediately, the men in the room started cracking up, causing all the women to role their eyes.

"Yall are so childish," Dawn said, shaking her head. Tae leaned on Kae, still laughing but Kae pushed him off of her.

"Stop playing!!"

"Okay, okay. We quit."

"What do we need to do?" I asked, annoyed at damn near everybody in the room except Dawn.