59. A Different World

January 28th, 1996
8:54 PM
Sky POV

"Oh that's a pretty fancy box there, partner. What's in it?"

"A wedding gift for Whitley. Check it out."

"Huh."

"Check it out. Nice huh?"

"What in the hell is that?" I giggled at Ron's reaction to Dwayne's wedding gift. A Different World reruns had been playing on television all day & I decided to take advantage of the fact that it was Sunday & I had absolutely nothing to do. The kids were still with Michael, as they had been for the past few weeks since he had gotten out the hospital, so I was enjoying my quiet time.

He had collapsed while rehearsing for some concert, and he wanted his children around for comfort, so who was I to deny that?

Popping some more popcorn in my mouth, I continued to giggle a little at Ron's jokes. He was honestly the funniest person on the show.

I reached down for some more popcorn & sadly, there wasn't any. I sucked my teeth & got up, trying to quickly get some more while not wanting to miss much.

All these new technological inventions & yet no one had made one to pause the television while you went to do something else. It was annoying.

As I got up, heading for the kitchen, I heard the front door starting to unlock & knew my quiet time was over. I put down my empty bowl & headed towards the door when it opened & my children bolted in.

"MAMA!!" They screamed & I grinned, dropping down to their level as they engulfed me into a hug.

"Hey!! I missed you two so much!!" I said, hugging them back tightly. I hadn't seen them since the middle of December. Michael took them with him to Disneyland Paris on a mini vacation for their whole Christmas break and when they came back, they stayed with him for a couple of weeks. It was kind of painful, I had never spent Christmas without them, or this long at all, but I didn't want to be the mother that had to be everywhere with them. That was just the downfall have having parents that weren't together. I let them go, standing up. "How was Paris?" Paris. What other seven year olds were traveling to Paris?

"It was fun!!" MJ said happily.

"Disneyland here is still better though," Serenity said, shrugging & I chuckled.

"I may have to take your word for it. So what did you guys get any pictures?"

"Plenty," I heard Michael say & looked up to see him taking the key that one of the twins had left in the door out. Long hair Michael was back, and I was so glad cause I hated the short hair on him. I was used to seeing him with long hair, short hair didn't fit him to me. "Hey."

"Hey yourself," I said as he walked over to me & hugged me.

"I have them all with me, if you want to see," He said as we let go.

"Duh," I said & he smiled before pulling out the developed pictures out his back pocket. While he sorted through them, I turned to the twins.

"You two need to get ready for bed." They groaned.

"Ughh. We just got here," MJ whined.