60. All In

August 30th, 1996
11:32 AM
Sky POV

I thought I told you that we won't stop

"Five, six, seven, eight!!" One of my dance teachers, Simone, yelled & the class started dancing as soon as Notorious B.I.G started rapping.

Jesus, the Notorious just
Please us with your lyrical thesis
We just chilling, milk 'em, "Top Billin'"
Silk and, pure linen, me and, Lil' Cease

I nodded, watching and looking around the room. They were all in sync & moving so smoothly, indicating that my summer dance class had been a success.

They were moving so smooth that I wanted to get up & dance with them. But this was their time to shine so I just watched, smiling proudly.

When the chorus of 'Only You' came on, they ended their routine & I stood up, clapping and smiling.

"Yesss!! I love it!!" I said, excitedly as they all clapped & cheered for themselves, some of them trying to catch their breath. I turned to Simone & gave her a high five. "Great job this summer Simone."

"Thanks Ms. Skylar," She said grinning.

"You know, it's a job available after you graduate," I said & she grinned. She had been with me since January as an intern for college credit & she had been doing a really great job. She graduated in December so I had to snatch her up before anybody else did.

"See you Monday," She said to me, following majority of the class out of the studio.

"Have a good weekend." I watched as everybody filed out of there until I was the only one left. I turned around, looking at myself in the mirror, inspecting my outfit.

I adjusted my blazer a little before turning & leaving out, ready to go and observe another class

As I walked out into the hallway, my cell phone rang. I reached into my blazer pocket & grabbed it, pulling out the antenna before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Mommy," Serenity whined into the phone. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's wrong Serenity?"

"Can you come get us? Lisa is over here & she's being mean. She called us spoiled brats & a bunch of other things that you wouldn't want us repeating."

"What?!?" I asked, my temper going from zero to a hundred real quick. "Where the-" I took a breath. "Where is your daddy?"

"He left us here with her & he's not answering the phone." I took another breath, trying to bring my blood pressure down,