32. Trust

May 20th, 1989
10:05 AM
Sky POV

"No. Hell no. You must've lost your mind," Michael said before walking down the stairs.

"I wasn't asking you, Michael, I was telling you," I said following behind him.

"What do you need to see her for?" He asked, turning to me as we made it down the stairs.

"I have some questions I need to ask."

"You need to leave the questioning to the police," Michael replied, walking into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes following.

I wanted to go see Amelia while she was in jail, awaiting trial. I felt that she would give me more answers than she gave the police. I mean, she was already going to be in jail for awhile, she might as well tell me what i'm up against. Joe & Lauren hadn't made a move in months & I knew that they weren't worried about Amelia, which probably made her upset. So whatever she held back from the police, she would tell me.

However, Michael didn't like that idea.

"She won't tell the police everything though," I said as he went to the refrigerator.

"And why would she tell you anything? She tried to kidnap you and the babies for god sakes."

"Because I used to be her friend."

"And?!?" Michael yelled turning to me. "Apparently your friendship didn't matter when she damn near kidnapped you!! And it damn sure didn't matter when she fucked your boyfriend did it?!?"

I looked at him blankly for a moment, trying to calm my nerves. He sighed.

"Sky-" I stuck up my middle finger, walking out of the kitchen. "Skylar." I headed towards the front door. "Where are you going?" I grabbed my keys off the table by the front door before opening it. "Skylar you better fucking not."

I turned to him. "Watch me," I said smugly before quickly walking out.

"Skylar!!" He yelled, running after me. I jogged over to my car, quickly opening the door & got in, locking the doors. He ran up to the car, pulling on the handles. "Open this fucking door!!"

"Kiss my ass!!" I hissed, starting the car. I put it in drive, giving Michael one last look before pulling off.

In my rearview mirror, I saw Michael still standing where I left him. Fuming.

I knew I was going to get it when I got back, but I also knew I would get something out of Amelia because somewhere deep down, the girl I grew up with was still there.

Michael POV

I can't fucking believe her. It was like I didn't say anything. I shook my head, jogging back into the house towards the nearest phone. I quickly dialed the number to security by the gates.

"Did Skylar leave out yet?" I asked as soon as they picked up.

"Um yes sir."

"Fuck!!" I yelled, slamming the phone down. Then I dialed Oliver's number.

"Hel-"

"Oliver, Skylar just left Neverland en route to Amelia. I need you to stop her."

"Yes sir," He replied & I hung up the phone. I sighed, rubbing my temples, trying to stop the headache that I had.

"I need a pain pill," I mumbled, walking to the bathroom. Skylar's hardheaded ass was going to be the death of me.

10:48 AM
Sky POV