14. Here Comes Trouble

February 17th, 1988
8:35 am
Sky POV

I was so thankful for sweatshirts & jogging pants cause everyday I seemed to get bigger & it was getting harder for me to hide my pregnancy. I knew I couldn't hide it forever but I wasn't ready to reveal it yet. I didn't want people in my business cause I already knew the first question would be 'who's the father' & I definitely wasn't ready for anybody to find out who that was.

I walked out of the room and saw Kae just walking in from her morning run.

"Good morning fat mama," She said happily, making me roll my eyes.

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"I'll stop when the babies are born."

"Now when I start crying..." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"I'm definitely sick of that." I laughed before heading towards the front door. "Have a good day sweetie!!"

1:49 PM

"Remind me why we are going through this headache of medical school again?" Dawn asked as we walked towards the cafeteria.

"Because we want to be doctors," I replied.

"But do we really?" She whined, making me laugh.

"It's a little too late to be trying to back out now, you've spent too much money." She groaned, making me laugh some more. We walked in the cafe & I was hit with the overwhelming smell of all the different foods. It made me nauseous. I looked at Dawn & she sighed.

"No?" I nodded. "Ugh damn you & your cravings." We walked back out of the cafeteria. "Do you want to get something from your house?"

"Yes we have leftover tacos there," I quickly agreed practically drooling.

"Hold on yall ate tacos without me? Yall aren't loyal." We walked towards the front entrance.

"Well it's still some more."

"But it isn't the same!! Those are leftovers!! And if you didn't have a reaction to that food you would've never told me!!"

"Well..." She mugged me before opening the door & fake storming out. I followed her laughing. "You're so extra."

"I don't care!! You know how I am about my tacos!" She whined. I shook my head as we made our way towards my car. Hopefully my park next to Dawn's car wouldn't be gone when we came back. As I got closer to the car, I felt like somebody was looking at me. I looked around and saw a couple of people scattered across the parking lot staring. People have been staring all day. What the hell are they looking at?

As we got closer to my car, I saw a couple of people leaning on a car next to it. Who just hangs out in a parking lot? They were whispering & looking at me, yet again. It made me nervous. When I finally made it over there, I recognized a couple of people from my classes. One of them, Darryl, moved from off the car & smiled at me.

"Skylar!! Hey congratulations!! How many months?" I practically choked.

"How many months what?"