42. Emotionally Unavailable

October 24th, 1990
4:06 PM
Sky POV

Last night was so fun
Lovin' 101
I was holding you so tight
Now I just might make you my wife
Cause you know

It feels good (to know that I really care)
It feels good (to know that I can relax when I'm with you)
It feels good (to know I can be by your side)
It feels good (having you around)
Your rhythm, it sho' feels good to me

I bounced Serenity on my lap to the beat as I laughed, watching everybody dance & sing to 'Feels Good' by Tony! Toni! Toné!

We were at a barbecue that Kae & Tae were having for Tae's birthday. And they couldn't have picked a better day to have it.

The weather was perfect. It wasn't scorching hot, probably about 75, the sun was shining & overall it was just a good day. Everyone was happy & in a good mood.

MJ was on the dance floor showing off his dance moves & my baby was doing the damn thing!! He definitely could move like his mama and daddy.

"Gone great nephew!!" My aunt Vikki yelled, holding a cup of alcohol probably up, dancing. It was nice being around my family, not just my close family but extended too, because it had been awhile since we'd been together.

The song switched from 'Feels Good' to 'Poison' by BBD & the whole party screamed in excitement. I put Serenity down & got up, making my way to the dance floor.

"Come on Ms. Choreographer!!" Mama Kathryn yelled as I started dancing singing & dancing with Kae.

Mm mm check it out

"IT'S DRIVING ME OUT OF MY MIND, THAT'S WHY IT'S HARD FOR ME TO FIND!!" We all sung along loudly. Bell Biv DeVoe really snapped when they made this. All of New Edition's solo records were great, but 'Poison' was the song of the decade, even though the decade had just started.

After 'Poison' went off, 'Around The Way Girl by LL Cool J was next.

"He needs to make this a single!!" Kae exclaimed. I nodded in agreement before dancing over to the table where the food was & started making me a plate.

I need an around the way girl
Around the way girl
That's the one for me
She's the only one for me
I need an around the way girl

"Silky, milky her smile is like sunshine, that's why I had to dedicate at least one rhyme," Somebody rapped along with LL Cool J behind me before coming on the side of me. It was Greg. I raised my eyebrow at him as I put some spaghetti on my plate.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Kae know you in her house?"

He laughed. "Nah I snuck in when I saw it was a party."

"Yeah alright. You know you can't sneak shit pass Kae," I said before we both laughed.

"Right. But nah im here because Tae invited me." I gave him a weird look.

"Tae? As in Dontae? As my cousin?"

"Nah Diontae," He said sarcastically & I swatted at him. "Yes your cousin. We've been getting back close." I smiled.

"I'm glad yall are." They had been the best of friends once upon but once Greg cheated, Tae hated him. I told him what happened between me & Greg shouldn't have interfered with their friendship, but it was blood over water to Tae. I'm glad they're back good now.