19. A Good--and 'Bad'--Night

7:00 PM
Sky POV

Michael still hadn't said anything when the show started. The man was pissed beyond capacity. I didn't see why he let Prince's words get to him, but then again I didn't understand why he didn't like him in the first place either. But I guess that's a discussion for another time.

The show started with Ms. Whitney Houston performing I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)'. I squealed excitedly as she danced around the stage, singing & looking like she genuinely enjoyed it.

I sang along, dancing in my seat as I saw Michael's face soften out of the corner of my eye. I looked over at him & started singing to him as he blushed, cheesing at me. I looked back towards the stage and saw that cameras were on me. I blushed as I continued to sing along.

I loved Whitney. Her voice was just so beautiful. She was beautiful period.

I think Michael agreed with me because when I looked over at him, he was practically drooling. I leaned over to him.

"Close your mouth; you gon get slob on your outfit." He closed his mouth blushing. I giggled as Whitney's back up dancers came out and the announcer started naming every one at the Grammy's.

After that, her dancers danced a little more before she came back and hit a strong note. Yes, girl!! Whitney was giving me life!! She finished up her performance, posing with her dancers and the crowd cheered. I clapped loudly smiling. That woman is indeed something special.

"Woo!!" She yelled walking up a little closer before bowing. Michael leaned over to me.

"Now that's how you start a show." I nodded in agreement. It truly was.

*

Many awards and performances later, Michael got up. I started to stand up to but he stopped me. I looked at him confused.

"My performance is coming up next."

"Ohh. Good luck."

"Girl I don't need luck. I does this." I rolled my eyes shaking my head.

"Goodbye Michael." He smiled before walking away. I sat there, looking around as others talked to each other. This was actually awkward. I didn't know any of these people on a personal level so I was just sitting there by myself.

"Is this seat taken?" I looked up to meet the eyes of Whitney Houston. Inside I was screaming, but on the outside I was calm.

"No, not at all." She smiled & sat down. "I'm Skylar, by the way."

"Oh, honey I know. Michael has told me all about you." He's been talking about me to Whitney? I smiled to myself. "But since it seemed like he was never going to introduce us, I decided to do it myself. Men, you can never rely on them for anything," She said shaking her head.

"Not at all." We laughed.

"But he's been treating you good, right? If not, let me know, I'll slap him." I giggled.

"Yeah, he's been treating me good."

"He better be." The lights dimmed and I guess that meant the show was starting again. Whitney stood up. "Let me know if he's giving you any problems. I'll tell him to give you my number, and maybe we can hang out one day when you drop them babies."

"That sounds good," I said grinning. "Nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too!!" She said as she walked away. I can't believe he never introduced us. I should kick his ass.