55. Holiday Shenanigans

November 24th, 1994
5:00 PM
Sky POV

People claim that it gets a little easier after awhile. Boy did they fucking lie.

It had been two months & I felt no better. I still didn't feel like talking, still felt empty, numb. And to top it off, today was the first of many Thanksgivings we would be spending without him.

And knowing that, Michael decided to invite us to Neverland for Thanksgiving as a so called distraction.

I didn't think it would be the best idea, but hell whatever.

"Can she even cook?" AJ asked as we got out the limo. "Cause I don't have time for this bland white people shit."

"AJ please," I said, helping the twins out of the car. I wanted to laugh but I couldn't even bring myself to do it. "Be respectful, it's basically her home now too."

"He asking valid questions though," Kae said as she walked over with Tae & the twins. "We should've brought our own dressing, and greens, and baked macaroni, and yams."

"She probably don't make any of that," Tae mumbled.

"You know their kind eats stuffing," AJ mumbled.

"Stop it," Mama said sternly & they shut up. "You all are too grown for this. Act like yall got some sense please." And that was the end of that.

We walked up to the front door of the main house & rung the doorbell. About 30 seconds later, Riley opened the front door. I smiled at the little girl.

"Hey Riley."

"Hey Ms. Sky," She said, smiling. Then she looked at Serenity. "Mommy let me bring my Barbie set."

"Let's go play!!" Serenity said excitedly before they both ran off inside. I shook my head as MJ sucked his teeth.

"We need more boys around here," MJ mumbled, walking off.

"Awww, Kaleb & Deanna go cheer your cousin up," Kae said as her & Tae put the two toddlers down. They did as told, running after MJ.

"Give him a brother, Sky," AJ said, nudging me with a smirk. I raised my eyebrow.

"With what man?"

"You made it!!" I heard Michael say & looked over to see him walking towards us with an apron on & covered in a bunch of different food.

Everybody but me snickered as he came over to us with a big smile. He hugged everyone before finally coming over to me & trying to hug me but I stopped him.

"I'm good."

"Seriously Sky?" He asked, smiling.

"Yes. I don't know what the hell you got going on in that kitchen, but you not about to mess up my clothes. I put the effort in today." Which didn't happen often anymore.

"Girl," Kae said, snickering. "You do too much."

"It's okay Kae," He said looking over at Kae & I smirked at her. "I underst-" Within a quick second, Michael had his arms around me & picked me up, hugging me tightly.

"Michael put me down!!" I said, but instead of putting me down, he spun me around. "Stop!!" I screamed, and he got an actual laugh out of me. Finally, he put me down & I punched him in his shoulder. "Prick." He chuckled as somebody behind him cleared their throat. He turned around & I peeked around him to see Lisa.

"Hello, everybody." My family spoke, even though they seem like they really didn't want to and I shook my head at them.

"Hey, Lisa," I said, walking over to her & giving her a hug.