31. Funny How Time Flies

March 2nd, 1989
11:01 AM
Sky POV

"Damn this studio nicer than the one we go to for dance class," Kae said as we walked into the entrance of the studio. I elbowed her. "Ow!!"

"Act right."

"I didn't say anything!!" Paula chuckled as she walked in front of us.

Paula had invited us to come sit in her choreography session for her song 'Forever Your Girl'. She had also invited Dawn, but you know her schedule is crazy nowadays.

Paula already knew which room to go to so she walked past the front desk, heading straight there. We followed her, peeking through the windows at the different dancers.

People were doing jazz, ballet, all types of genres.

Finally, we stopped at the room & Paula opened the door, allowing us to go in first.

"Well shit Paula," Kae said looking around. Paula closed the door behind her.

"You like it?"

"Girl give me a couple of dance songs & i'd lock myself in here all damn day," Kae said & Paula laughed.

We walked over to the mirror to sit our things down as Paula walked over to the stereo.

"So, i'm going to show you two what I have so far then you can tell me what you think." We nodded as Paula pressed play before starting the music.

Hey baby
You got to remember
I'm forever your girl

Baby
Forever and ever and ever
You know I am

"5, 6, 7, 8!" The beat came in & Paula started her 8 counts.

Professional dancing Paula was way different from party dancing Paula. Her face was serious as she flawlessly went through the steps she had. She was truly gifted.

But of course, one can always do better.

The song came to an end & Paula walked over to the stereo, pressing pause.

"So what do you guys think?" She asked as she walked back over to us.

"It was good, but that part when you say 'honey, you know I ain't lyin', listen as I tell it to the world, just remember I'm forever your girl. He could promise the world, just remember, I'm forever your girl.' should be different," Kae said.

I nodded agreeing. "I was thinking the same."

"Okay so what should it be?" Paula asked.

"Something like," Kae started dancing. "1, 2, 3, 4," She spun. "5, 6, 7, 8."

Paula nodded.

"Yeah, then you can add the Charleston," I said before doing it. Paula nodded smiling.