49. If This World Were Mine

October 23rd, 1992
2:53 PM
Sky POV

We were finally 24 hours away from Kae & Tae's wedding & the closer we got to it, the more I thought I would lose my shit.

Just a week prior, she said she hated her dress. She thought the cake she had was too little. She wanted to change her dinner choices. She thought that Dawn & I were too fat for our dresses. I swear I could kill her.

I couldn't wait for this to be over.

"Are you sure that you can come tomorrow?" I asked into the phone, playing with the cord.

"I'm positive, I wouldn't miss it for the world," John said & I smiled.

"Okay, see you at 2 tomorrow."

"Okay, babe." I hung up the phone before sighing in bliss.

John & I were taking it slow, almost too slow because I hadn't seen him in almost a month. With him always shooting & me working, taking care of the kids & finishing up the wedding, our schedules never aligned.

But it was fine because we were reuniting at Kae's wedding & I couldn't wait.

Michael came into the living room, barking orders at people who followed behind him, getting ready for the rehearsal dinner tonight.

I hadn't told Michael about John, and by the way he was acting, I didn't want to tell him either. I stood up off the couch, heading over to the dictator.

"This needs to be perfect, okay? Now get to work!!" The workers ran off & he turned to me as I walked up to him. "And you-"

"Boy you better take that bass out of your voice & lower it a few notches," I said, interrupting him. Immediately, he broke out of perfectionist mode & became regular Michael.

"Sorry," He said, smiling & scratching at his head. "But what are you wearing tonight?"

I smirked, crossing my arms. "Why?"

"I was thinking that we could dress alike. You, me & the twins."

"You must have an outfit for me or something," I said playfully.

"Yeah, I do actually." I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh really?" He nodded, smiling like he accomplished something. "Damn. Well, you'll just have to save that outfit for another time." Michael sucked his teeth as I smirked & headed to the room.

"Why don't you wanna wear the one I got you?" He asked, following me.

"Because, I want to wear the one that I have," I said.

"I bet yours isn't better than mine," He said, as a matter of factly. I turned to him, smirking.

"I bet it is."

"Yeah?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. "Let me see it."

"You'll see it tonight," I said, turning to continue my way to the room, leaving him standing there. "Have fun matching with the twins!! I bet you all will look so cute!!"

6:46 PM

I walked to the living room, seeing Michael fixing MJ's outfit as Serenity sat on the couch & immediately sucked my teeth.

"No you did not put my baby on no damn military jacket," I said as Michael stood up, smiling. They had on the exact same thing, down to the white socks showing.

"Don't hate," He said, spinning around. "We look good. Ain't that right MJ?"

"Yeah mommy, we look good!!" He said, posing. I pursed my lips to keep from laughing before looking at Michael.