23. Boy Of Pain

6:03 PM
Sky POV

All of the guests were gone & we were back in the main house. Mrs. Jackson was pissed at her husband. She said she couldn't believe he would do something like that but I barely knew him & I could indeed believe it.

Michael was shaken up. When we made it back to the house, he went into the room to get himself together. He probably needed that time to himself anyway.

"So can you fill us in on who Lauren is?" Mama asked me. I sighed.

"Lauren is-"

"A bitch," Marlon said bluntly. My parents' eyes widened & Dawn scratched her head.

"Well then," AJ said.

You could tell Mrs. Jackson wasn't her regular self. She didn't even tell him to watch his mouth.

"She is," Marlon said. "She broke my brother's heart."

"Yeah. She tried to get some money out of him, but luckily he got out before she could get him," Jackie added.

"Pathetic," Rebbie spat. They really hated her, but I could see why. After he told me what happened and that quick conversation I hated the bitch too.

"I can't believe Joseph would do that," Jermaine said.

"Really?" Kae asked, raising her eyebrows. I nudged her. "I'm just asking."

"I mean he's hard on us, but that is just..."

"Evil? Hateful? Spiteful? I can go on," Kae said, and I shook my head.

"Well whatever he did to Michael messed him up," Janet said. "Because he still hasn't come in here yet." Dawn & Kae looked at me & I sighed.

"Somebody help me up," Tae & Daddy helped me up & I made my way to the room. The door was closed. I grabbed the knob & twisted it, opening the door. The light was off.

"Michael...?" I asked before turning on the light. He wasn't in bed. I checked the closet and he wasn't there either. The only other place he could be was his private bedroom. I went up the stairs and saw Michael looking out of the window. "Michael..." He looked at me sadly. "You okay?" He shrugged & looked back out of the window. Maybe that was a stupid question. I walked over there. He was staring outside. At what? I didn't really know. We stood there for awhile until he finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry the baby shower didn't go as planned. You already didn't want to be here & my drama just fucked it up more," He said sadly.

"Michael please don't blame yourself for this. It's not your fault."

"It is my fault," He said as he walked away from the window. "Everything is my fault. Joseph wouldn't have come here if I hadn't talked to him the way I did at dinner," He shook his head. "I just finally felt the courage to speak up to him & I got carried away. I should've controlled myself better I..." He started talking to himself.

"Michael..." I walked up to him. He continued to talk to himself. "Michael." He was still talking to himself. "Michael!!" He looked at me. "You cannot blame yourself for somebody else's actions. Your daddy is like that because he wants to be. It's not your fault."

"That may not be but it's my fault that you hate me," He said plopping down on the bed. My heart broke. I don't hate him. What I feel from him is far from hate. I sat on the bed next to him.

"I don't hate you. I'm mad at you, but I definitely don't hate you."

"But I keep fucking up and I-"