5. A Dose Of Michael

October 16th, 1987
7:03 am
Sky POV

I awoke with the urge to throw up & quickly ran to the bathroom. I lifted up the toilet seat & everything I had ate the night before had came out. Two minutes later, I got up groaning.

"This morning sickness is not going to work out." I flushed the toilet & went over to the sink washing my hands. I then proceeded to doing my daily morning routine. I made sure I rinsed my mouth twice as good before walking back into my room & laying down. Class started at 9:30 & I usually got up at 8, so i'm going to relax while I can. I closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep but the phone rang. I groaned.

"I'll get it!!" Then I thought about it. Of course I will because Kae left for work already. I reached on the side of the bed picking the phone up. "Hello?"

"S..." I rolled my eyes.

"Skylar, Michael."

"Right."

"Come on, Mike, you got to get better with my name. I'm having your child goddammit." He laughed.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, yeah. Why are you calling this early anyways?"

"I don't know, i'm always up this early. It's not like I got any sleep last night regardless."

"Why not?" I asked, playing with the phone cord.

"Because, a woman I barely even know showed up to my apartment last night saying she was having my baby."

"So?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"If that happened to you, you wouldn't sleep either."

"Well, I am having a complete stranger's child so I guess we can say it's the same predicament."

"Yeah, yeah. So why are you up early?"

"Because your child," I rubbed my stomach. "Decided that it wanted to make me empty all the contents of my body."

"Ew."

"Shut up. It's your fault we're in this. You should've wrapped it up."

"Hey, if you were fucking somebody who looked like you, you would slide in raw too," I could practically hear him smiling. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever asshole."

"So what are your plans for today?"

I sighed.

"School."

"What? You are legal right?"

"I'm 24, Michael."

"Thank god." I rolled my eyes. "What are you going to school for?"

"Pediatrics."

"So you actually like kids huh?"

"I adore them. What about you?"

"I love them too. I just never thought of having my own." I rolled over to my side.

"Why not?" He sighed.

"I don't know. I just felt like if I had kids, I would want both of their parents to be together, but I know that I didn't want to get married so why should they not have the luxury of having their parents together?"

"Why don't you want to get married?" I really wanted to know. Not for my sake, because I know his type, but just to be nosy. He sighed once again.