6

For a while, he slowly opened his lips as if he were in pain.

“Is the long winded over?”

"Yes?"

“It seems that your intention has been fully communicated, and the meeting is due to start soon.”

“…”

“I want you to stop.”

Sera's mouth was wide open in response that her throat was choked up, which was nothing more than a dog. A faint smile crossed Cha Jae-eon's face when he saw her absurd expression.

Sera could not even respond properly and left the residence as if being kicked out. Only then did she realize the fact that he didn't answer any of her requests.

* * *

Cha Jae-eon stared at the empty seat after Shin Se-ra left with an interesting expression. He had at first heard that she had lost her memory, but he had no idea that a person would change that much.

'Anyway, it's hard to find someone who fits my level as much as you do. Did you forget that there is a support behind me? I wouldn't be the one you'd dare to ignore, so stop being so expensive!'

He remembered the words of Shin Se-ra, who was badly supported by Cha Jae-eon's repeated refusal. He was hazy of what she looked like, but he remembered as clearly as her laughter flowed from her unfounded confidence.

Shin Se-ra was such a person. She's bored enough that she doesn't even have the minimum courtesy, so she's the woman he doesn't want to run into as much as possible.

Still, Sungwon Group was a pretty good option. If it is a marriage that requires profit and loss, it is wise to sell himself at the highest possible price. That was the only reason he accepted his engagement to Shin Sera.

It's not even a marriage of mutual love, but it's like a crazy fiancée.

At the time, Cha Jae-eon thought so.

'I will treat you strictly as a business partner. If the benefits of marriage disappear, I will demand a divorce.'

'… … .'

'If you expect human affection or affection from me, you will be disappointed, but do you still want this marriage?'

'…At least, we're married.'

Although there was a formal engagement ceremony, Cha Jae-eon did not meet Shin Sera unless it was necessary. He neglected her and ignored her. He thought she would be fine, as she had agreed with him too.

'Even if it's an arranged marriage, I'm your fiancée. How can you ignore me like this. This is an insult to not only me but also the president!'

'Keep acting like this. Do you want to hit the ground and regret after changing your mind?'

'I'm Seongwon Shin Se-ra! Alas!'

However, Sera regularly harassed Cha Jae-eon, as if she had completely forgotten the promise she had made in the first place. She cried and ran rampant, repeatedly appealing to her feelings. The conclusion of irrational travel has always been a longing for affection.

'Still, we... We will soon be a couple. We can try to make an effort to love each other. If you can't love me, try to love even my background. Then, maybe one day you will come to like me, right?'

Even Cha Jae-eon, who boasted that he was quite strong when it comes to self-control, was as hard as Shin Se-ra. He felt the urge to hurt her every time she ran wild, as if anything had happened to a woman whose all she had was her support.