13

She needed allies to survive.

The only possibility was Baek, but there was no possibility that Chairman Shin's loyal servant would work with Sera. Nevertheless, it occurred to her that the degree of human compassion he possessed could be exploited.

“Director, it’s me. Is it okay if I talk to you for a second?”

Throughout the conversation with Director Baek, Sera's voice maintained a cheerful tone.

* * *

At five in the morning, Lee Rowoon left the house. He was running on an empty stomach. After running for about 40 minutes, he took a shower as soon as he got home and changed into the suit he had chosen the day before. After that, he went down to the dining room and had a light salad-based meal.

As always, it was a refreshing morning routine.

"Good morning."

“…”

Shin Sera suddenly appeared, but it would have been the case if she hadn't. She yawned and sat down across from Lee Rowoon with a careless attitude. He beckoned to the entrance to the dining room, glaring at her, interrupting her quiet morning.

"Get out."

“I am hungry too?”

I slept a lot in the morning, so I couldn't figure out what kind of work it was on the subject that I had never eaten before. As if I had already mentioned it, Mrs. Oh, who oversees the kitchen, appeared, and set the table.

Shortly thereafter, steamed rice, mutton soup, delicious ribs, and small side dishes were placed on the table. Sera lit her eyes and picked up the spoon.

“Oh, it will be delicious.”

Lee Rowoon looked at Sera with eyes full of displeasure. Since early in the morning, greasy Korean food is likely to be eaten, and she shoved the full-bodied rice into her mouth and chewed and swallowed the oily ribs deliciously. As she continued, she asked with a look on the face that she did not understand him.

“At that size, can you survive just by eating it? How do people live by eating only grass?”

“…”

Although her rude attitude was offensive, Lee Rowoon could not openly embarrass Sera. It was because the awkwardness felt at the Raum group party was still there.

He heard that this incident was quite a shock to Shin Sera, who was only full of poison, or that she refused to go to work for several days and was locked in her room. According to the employees, except for outpatient treatment, she was absent all day.

Aside from his repulsion towards Shin Sera, Lee Rowoon knew that he was cowardly for not helping her. At least for that moment, it was right to protect her.

He always want to live upright, but he is swept away by emotions moment by moment, revealing his immaturity. Lee Rowoon's stubbornness was ashamed of his own sluggishness. In the end, he was about to get up from his seat, unable to overcome the awkwardness.

“Why don’t you eat more? Maybe you're just avoiding me because it's uncomfortable?"

Sera, who had been muttering rice until her cheeks burst, asked with a smile. Lee Rowoon, who stabbed her in the right direction, responded ferociously.

“What kind of bullshit?”

“If that’s the case, you don’t need to worry about it.”

A deeper goal was cut in Lee Rowoon's forehead at Sera's bitter response. He knew that she was childish, but he felt like it was over when he stepped back like this.