35

'Was Lee Rowoon the reason for the breakup?'

'Because Rowoon Lee is better than the general director in many ways.'

Whatever direction Shin Se-ra's mind pointed in was irrelevant for Cha Jae-eon. Even though he knew it, he was still curious, and he wanted to see if he really had her heart broken.

“I’m not talking about it in front of other people.”

Lee Rowoon's eyes sank coldly at the remarks he explicitly excluded. He was a man who showed his emotions as transparently as Shin Se-ra.

“Well, I see.”

Sera, unable to read the subtle air current between the two men, nodded obediently.

* * *

In the second half of the event, Q&A and participants were given remarks. It was basically an event without a script, but important questions were collected in advance.

Sera was one of the participants who were asked to speak in advance, and she prepared a speech at the request to present a corporate strategy related to the policy.

“This is Seongwon Mulsan Shin Sera.”

The gaze of the left was poured on Sera, who got up from her seat. Holding her microphone, she smoothly continued her prepared speech with a confident smile.

“Finally, Seongwon made a large-scale investment in fostering in-house ventures this year, and the R&D center is also about to be completed. While pursuing innovative growth in line with government policies, we will also pay more attention to environmental issues and fulfill our obligations as a corporate citizen.”

While Sera continued her remarks, the reporters in attendance fired flashes over and over again. The Seongwon family did not appear in the media, and as much as that was the case, the young and confident female successor was a topic of discussion in itself.

'The Daewon Ilbo is planning to publish a special article for Cha Joo and Vice President. Next month, Future Stick magazine decided to publish a column on the theme of female entrepreneur leadership. After that, we will create a buzz on social media.'

'Thank you as always, director. I really can't even imagine how I would have survived at Seongwon without you.'

'…I'm glad it was helpful, Vice President.'

Sera asked Director Baek to promote the media. She didn't want to waste the opportunity to build awareness and attend events hosted by the government.

After several press appearances, she was due to declare her management vision. If it succeeds in securing a public reputation, even the supporters will not be able to shun Sera.

All of Sera's actions were truly a sharp struggle for survival.

'I received a request to speak from the Blue House. I think I was elected because of the symbolism of being a female executive. What do you think?'

'One of the topics of this year's support is the expansion of female employment, and I don't think it's bad.'

'Then shall we link this event with corporate promotion?'

'That would be fine too.'

Regardless of whether she was worried about Lee Rowoon's check, he showed a positive reaction, which was quite harmful to Sera. Lately he's always been like that. It would be the leeway of her grippers, but it was a feat worth celebrating for her as she put forth her best effort to win his favor.

“Whoah.”

After finishing the presentation, Sera sighed and asked Lee Rowoon.

“How was it just now? Am I okay?”