21

“I’m worried about you, so please don’t mistake me for this.”

“…”

“It wasn’t my intention, but anyway, you saved me. I'm just trying to pay off that debt."

Lee Rowoon's eyes were slightly distorted. Once again, an unfamiliar feeling of discomfort engulfed him. The sensation of his stomach churning reminded him of seasickness.

“No matter how hard I am, I will never leave a dying human being. If it were anyone other than you, I would have done the same, so don’t be annoyed and be calm.”

There were many things to refute Shin Se-ra's sophistry, and the power that held him back was ridiculous. Still, the fact that he couldn't push her out made Rowoon powerless.

“… Let go of my hand, damn it.”

“Don't be so difficult.”

With no hesitation, Sera let go of Lee Rowoon's hand. Oddly enough, that blunt attitude made him feel even worse.

With a new ice pack on Lee Rowoon's forehead, Sera left the room without a word. The moment he was about to feel a kind of liberation from the fact that he was alone, the clumsy door opened again.

“Hey, if you want to sleep, eat this and go to sleep.”

On the tray Sera held out, there was a steaming bowl. With a gaze that seemed to be what this is, she said indifferently.

“Can’t you see? It kills. By the way, I made it.”

“Will I die… ?”

Lee Rowoon's eyes widened in shock. He was also surprised that Shin Sera was a human who could boil porridge, but it was even shocking that she had made such a thing for him.

“Didn’t you burn something like poison?”

Sera, who misunderstood Lee Rowoon's reaction, put down the tray with a bruised expression at once.

“I made this because the professor said that it would be good to eat anything when you came to your senses. Do you know that I was stirring porridge to fit into your taste because it was you?”

“…”

“Why are you lying on your back and rolling your eyes? Are you ignoring human generosity?”

Lee Rowoon, who had been hardened by the shock, raised his upper body belatedly.

The reality that Shin Sera made porridge for him was still shocking, but whether she spit on the porridge or have it poisoned, it seemed better to fill his stomach first. He had been starving all day, so he had no strength in his body.

Lee Rowoon poured a spoonful of porridge. The rice porridge was nothing special, but it was warm enough to eat, and the texture was soft as it crumbled at the tip of the tongue after stirring for a long time.

“…”

He felt weird.

At the age when he was in the midst of being cared for by his parents, he was neglected close to abuse by his mother, and after becoming an adult, he struggled to somehow keep his place.

Rowoon Lee was a person who had never been touched by anyone in his life. This was the reason why even such trivial care seemed unfamiliar.

He was never really conscious of that fact, so why is it different now?

Recently, Shin Sera has disturbed Lee Rowoon's orderly daily life. Although he was awkward and uncomfortable, when he came to his senses, he was being swung around.