15

“You seem to have changed a lot lately. Of course, in a good way. Not only me, but the President also has the same thoughts. He even asks me about the status of the Vice President.”

“…”

“I wanted to tell you that the efforts you are making now are not in vain, so I took the risk of being late. After all, when people catch your eye, speculations come and go.”

Did she succeed in attracting the attention of President Shin? Sera was encouraged by the unexpected news. However, she had taken her crane away from her, and there was no way he would pay her voluntary attention. That's also...

“Did the Director say something nice to the president?”

As expected by Sarah, Chief Baek calmly agreed.

“It’s my job to inform the President of the company’s return.”

“That was it…”

Chairman Shin's interest was also pleasing, but the greatest harvest was the active kindness of Director Baek. But even in the midst of joy, there was a sense of vigilance. Because he had no reason to do good for her.

Why is a man as nimble as Director Baek reaching out his hand to Shin Sera, who is not beneficial to him? It was as absurd as choosing a default check instead of a diamond.

Instinctively, it occurred to me that it was necessary to understand the intentions of Director Baek. There is no unpaid favor in the world, and the sweeter the fruit, the higher the price to be paid.

“Director.”

That is why the provocation, which may have been offensive, was carried out against the intention of Director Baek.

“Are you helping me out of personal feelings?”

“What…”

“I want to know if you have a personal preference for me.”

"Why… What nonsense are you talking about?”

Baek's face, who had been misunderstood as a filthy desire for a good favor, hardened coldly. His hand, which was loosely on his lap, clenched his fist as if holding back his shame. It was a happy response for Sera.

"I'm sorry. Was my bullshit serious? Don't be too angry. Because I also thought that Director Baek couldn’t do that.”

Sera, who politely apologized to Director Baek, brought up the question she really wanted to ask.

“Then, are you helping me because of Mrs. Song?”

There was a momentary commotion in the face of the man covered in insults. Sera did not miss that moment.

If Director Baek is loyal to Chairman Shin, it makes sense to support Lee Rowoon. However, she also understand the irrationality of not being able to turn away from Shin Sera if the person he wants to help is Mrs. Song.

“It’s not like that. You are mistaken.”

Director Baek firmly denied it, but it was already spilled water. Whatever kind of relationship he had with Ms. Song, it didn't matter to Sera. Rather, it was welcome if the two had an immoral relationship.

Because sometimes stained desires were more reliable than unfounded favors.

“I’m sorry for being rude, Director.”

Sera, who hid her inner feelings, intentionally made a weak voice.

“Wherever I went, I was only hated, but the Director was nice to me… I just got suspicious. Trusting someone is not that easy for me.”