36

Shin Sera has always had a natural ability to scratch his nerves, but recently has turned around and more effectively messed with his mind.

“Do I look like I miss a woman?”

Cha Jae-eon was cynical.

“I can meet anyone even now. If I want, right now.”

“…”

“You probably wouldn’t know that, but what’s the plot to keep talking about that woman?”

“There is no such thing as a gossip.”

The stingy Sera quickly denied it. To ridicule her confidence that he can meet anyone he wants, she doesn't know what to do with the fact that he really can.

Even so, isn't the reaction too cumbersome?

According to the original story, Cha Jae-eon should have fallen in love unconsciously from the moment he first saw Lee Seon-kyung. He staggers at his helplessly growing affection, eventually throwing away his social yoke and face and actively approaches her.

But the current Cha Jae-eon didn't even seem interested in Lee Seon-kyung. The only emotions he could feel were suspicion and vigilance towards Sera.

Are there any side effects because I'm too lazy?

There was a good chance that. Cha Jae-eon is a man with a strong ego, so he didn't even know that Sera's presumptuous meddling was unpleasant.

Lee Seon-kyung, who was silent after the three-way meeting with Seo Jeong-won, was worried and wanted to keep her attention elsewhere if possible. It seemed that she was too careless about the desire that Cha Jae-eon would be the means.

Sera blamed herself for being caught up in her impatience and pretended to be the best possible smile.

“I’m sorry if I made you feel bad. The general director and Seon-kyung are all cool and nice people, so I thought they would get along well... I think I was careless. You only have one life, and love is as important as success, so I thought it would be good to have both. It was such a pure intention, so I hope you don't suspect that I have other plans."

Sera herself thought it was bullshit, but for the first time, she spoke whatever came out of her mouth. She didn't want to put the brakes on Cha Jae-eon's mind, who was going to turn to Lee Seon-kyung by buying useless suspicions.

Cha Jae-eon, who was staring at Sera, asked in a funny tone.

“Is love so important to you?”

"Yes?"

“I’m curious as to why you are so hung up on things like love or dating.”

It was a question that seemed rather aggressive even to Cha Jae-eon himself. He didn't mean to be sarcastic, but it was annoying. It was even more so when he thought that the opponent of childish emotional play like love was Lee Rowoon.

“What…”

Sera's lips, who were about to ask what nonsense, were closed straight. It was because she thought she could understand why Cha Jae-eon laughed out loud.

'The reason you turn away from me is because you don't know true love. I promise. I will melt your frozen heart!'

At this moment, the shriveled lines that Shin Sera in the original story spit out while intoxicated with emotions come to mind.

Sera struggled to endure the shame and forced herself to smile.

Love is shit, I walk on thin ice every day, so I wanted to sarcastic about where I could afford to worry about that. I also wanted to make sure that if I had to choose between love and money, I would have chosen money a hundred times and a thousand times.