41

Sera was talking to some of the staff. Her high ponytail and her face without makeup were unpretentious to him, but she rather attracted more attention.

"Forgive me for being late!"

While Lee Rowoon was unwittingly deprived of Sera's gaze, a well-behaved man rushed to them and bowed his head. She chuckled at his demeanor filled with enthusiasm.

“Jihoon, why are you running like that?”

“Well, I’m sorry that everyone is waiting for me. The elevator didn't come quickly so it was late.”

“Why does Jihoon apologize when it’s the wrong person to call a working person to eat?”

Sera smiled as if it was fun to see a busty man. Then, the man's cheeks turned red enough to be seen with the naked eye. At the same time, Lee Rowoon's expression hardened.

It was because his bright smile reminded him of the smile she once had towards him. As he recalled the memories left in his mind, a warm energy spread from the inside of his chest. Lee Rowoon clenched his fists tightly.

“When I see Jihoon, it sounds funny, but it feels like I have the youngest brother.”

“That’s right. The atmosphere in the department has also improved since a young friend came over.”

Shin Se-ra walked in a friendly conversation with the staffs who had been ignoring her in the past, whether there was no speed or not. Lee Rowoon held his place until she disappeared from his sight.

Perhaps the man was an intern or a new employee. It was impossible not to be ignorant of the stupid yet energetic attitude.

Yes, he was an adult man about the same age as himself. Shin Se-ra treats a man her age as if it were her younger brother, revealing intimacy inappropriate for a co-worker.

Even when the relationship was good, Shin Se-ra had never been so friendly with Lee Rowoon. Even if they exchanged jokes, there was always a tension from exploring each other between the two.

I did, but for a bastard who doesn't really see much...

“Fuck.”

Lee Rowoon, who had been swept away by the rushing thoughts, was belatedly surprised and hardened. At the same time, he received a shock as if being struck in the back of the head.

What the heck was I just thinking like a dog.

Confused, Lee Rowoon covered his mouth with his hand. As he recalled the hot thought he had just had, a scorching heat spread across his face. The beating of his heart pounded in his chest.

Even if he had never been attracted to a woman in his life, he wasn't so ignorant that he didn't know what he was feeling right now. So it was even harder to admit.

The fact that he was cornered enough to feel wretched jealousy at the man he had met for the first time.

With his eyes closed, Lee Rowoon chose to breathe in the hand that had locked himself in. The fingers that covered his sharp cheeks were bent as if they were digging into his skin, and his long eyelashes trembled in a convulsive manner.

The emotions that had been stagnant without being able to evacuate them ran wildly. He knew he had to come to his senses, but it was not easy to rebuild the reason that had finally collapsed.

'Even if you push me like this... Are you sure you won't regret it?'

Suddenly, Shin Sera asked if he would regret it. There was no reason not to accept the answer to that question any longer. As he was swept away by his petty jealousy, the true feelings he had been trying to ignore the whole time came to the surface.