40

“Oh, I think I’m going to live a little now.”

Sera took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The wind that swept through her body was fresh, and the smell of grass was refreshing. Although Cha Jae-eon was not so comfortable, he was not as uncomfortable as when dealing with an unspecified number of people, so the tension in his body gradually relaxed.

Sera took a leisurely step along the stone wall road, and Cha Jae-eon silently followed. There was a natural silence that flowed between the two of them, intermingled with the occasional crowing of grasshoppers.

How far did they walk In the middle of a secluded garden, Sera met Cha Jae-eon.

“Did you hear me? Vice-President Lee Hoon drank water this time.”

“If you are talking about the Seongwon Construction issue, I heard it.”

Sera smiled slightly at Cha Jae-eon's approval.

“Now, the open bid is like a confirmed matter. I plan to push Lumitech in earnest.”

“In this case, is it okay to assume that luck was on your side?”

“It’s almost like having luck on my side. This would make a good gift for you, right?”

Suddenly, a question he hadn't thought of ran through Cha Jae-eon's head.

“Is this something you made up?”

“Am I?”

Sera asked what he was saying, but she did not completely deny Cha Jae-eon's suspicion.

"I do not know. I've never done anything wrong, but if there's a bad practice, it's probably right to correct it. Whatever the cause.”

It was then that Cha Jae-eon realized that Sera had planned this event. If that's true, he was frankly surprised. It was also surprising that she was a person who could use her hair to this extent, but even though she was so close to Lee Rowoon, he was unfamiliar with the ruthlessness that drove him to a corner.

It was a coldness that could not be thought of as Shin Se-ra, who was more likely to die than to be swayed by emotions.

“Anyway, the situation has improved, so wrap it up nicely. Your lovely Lumitech.”

Sera, who added playfully, smiled charmingly. Maybe it was because she was relaxed, or because of the mood of an early summer night, or because she was satisfied with the way things went her way...

It was a bright smile that was unfamiliar to Cha Jae-eon. She touched the eyes and cheeks reflected in the soft light, and her mouth, which revealed her well-groomed teeth, was attractive. A gust of wind gently ruffled her hair and ran away.

The only reason he spit out impulsive sounds was that he was swept away by unfamiliar emotions.

“I feel like you've become a different person than simply losing your memory, am I oversensitive?”

A smile faded from Sera's face. She ran her disheveled hair behind her ears and rolled down her eyes. She had an indifferent expression, as if she hadn't ever laughed.

“Maybe this is what I really look like. I lost my mind in love and then I came to my senses, isn't it strange that it's the same as before?"

It was a contemplative and dry tone, as if talking to someone else. Even though he was still not convinced, the words suggesting a complete break with the past stimulated Cha Jae-eon's feelings. It was for this reason that he spoke out his true feelings that he did not even realize himself.

“If you had been like this from the beginning, we would have married without noise.”

"Yes?"

Her round eyes turned to Cha Jae-eon, as if she had heard an unexpected sound. But for a moment, Sera burst out laughing as if she had heard a funny joke. In response, Cha Jae-eon felt a slight sense of shame.