25

“I helped you… Can’t you take me to my room?”

Instead of answering, Lee Rowoon took his shirt out of Sera's hand. Astonished, she stretched out her hand again, and he grabbed her hand and lowered his chin.

“My bag, are you going to leave it that way?”

"Ah…”

Rowoon Lee came with Sera's handbag scattered around. There was no sign of him being rude to her, but it seemed that he was determined to help her in the end.

It's true that we've been getting along a bit lately, but I didn't expect him to be this docile...

Even if Shin Sera didn't do anything wrong from the beginning, didn't she have nothing to do with Lee Rowoon?

“Take the stairs.”

Her thoughts were shattered at Lee Rowoon's voice. Sera, who was staring at the stairs, shook her head in denial. She wanted to see more clearly the changes that had taken place within him.

“Please help me, I’m afraid to walk alone.”

“Ha, it varies.”

While grinding his teeth, Lee Rowoon gently extended his hand to Sera. He felt as if his heart had weakened as he watched her shrivel. His large hands gripped her slender forearms completely.

Ah… I feel weird.

It was a posture with both arms clasped, so the sensation of their bare skin touching each other was naked. Sera bit her lips as she felt all her nerves were focused on the part that touched Lee Rowoon. Even the gentle shower cologne felt from him provoked strange tension.

The feeling of surrendering to Lee Rowoon was unfamiliar, but even more strange was the fact that contact with him wasn't that unpleasant.

Looking back, Sera did not dislike Lee Rowoon from the beginning. It was because she thought that the contempt and hostility he harbored were justified. Recalling her verbal violence that the Shin Se-ra in the original story had inflicted, it was surprising that he dealt with her to this extent.

'You're nicer than you look, Lee Rowoon.'

At that time, the words were uttered with the intention of provoking, but when it came to this moment, I realized that this was indeed the case. Unlike Lee Rowoon's superficial coldness, he had a gentle and soft side. For some reason, I felt weird.

In a strange silence, the two went up the stairs together. Lee Rowoon did not notice Sera's slow movements and quietly led her to her bedroom.

"Go to sleep."

Without delay, he turned around and saw his wide back, and a sudden impulse took hold of Sera. Her words, which did not go through her thoughts, came out of her mouth.

“Are you close with Lee Seon-kyung?”

“…What?"

Lee Rowoon turned around and asked what kind of bullshit she was talking about. Confused, Sera stuttered her words with a rarely red face.

“No, I met Lee Seon-kyung today… She wanted to act like she's friendly with you. I wonder when you two became so close... .”

“Not really.”

"Really?"

“Why am I lying?”

Lee Rowoon, who narrowed his brow, stammered his thoughts.

Lee Seon-kyung and her had a good friendship. Every time he watched Shin Sera's bullying, a crush on the level of fellow soldiers sprouted up, but that was all. They had never met in private, and they weren't even close enough to say that they were particularly close.