12

“…Ha…Ha."

At that moment, Sera let out a choked breath and supported the floor with her arms. Her whole body trembled like an aspen. Just now… What happened? She somehow tried to clear her mind, but it wasn't easy. She had no idea why she had done this, and she was just puzzled.

“Sera, I’m sorry! Sorry…!”

At that moment, Lee Seon-kyung, who became white, ran and hugged Sera. The subtle focus returned to Sera's eyes, which had been mesmerized by the sweet scent of her stinging her.

“It’s all my fault! He told me that he had something to tell you and that it would take only a few moments...”

“…”

“He looked so desperate, Oh… Oh, I couldn't say no. He didn't look like a dangerous person, so I, I... I know it will be a while... It's all my fault... I'm so sorry, Sera... Oh.”

Seon-kyung Lee, who had been looking at Sera frantically, could not overcome her emotions and burst into tears. As if she could not bear the turmoil caused by favor, her face stained with her anguish was neat and pathetic.

“… Ha."

A low breath escaped Sera's mouth, who was enduring the hanging on Lee Seon-kyung. Seon-kyung Lee, who paused, raised her head with her tearful face. But maybe she was mistaken. Sera was still expressionless, as if she had lost her mind.

“Are you okay, Sera…? Lo, look at me.”

There was no reply to Lee Seon-kyung's words carefully. Sera remained silent as if her soul had escaped.

“What is this? How do you manage visitors?”

“Did you hear me? That's what the man said earlier. What's the matter...”

“What kind of deeds did I commit to be like that…”

They turned to Sera with a mixture of contempt, pity and ridicule, and gossip. The three men also stared at the messed up woman with different emotions.

… Was Shin Sera really born to fuck up?

Cha Jae-eon contemplated her fiancee's funny jokes. At least at this moment, he knew she had to protect her, or at least make gestures to do so, but he didn't like it.

Always looking stupid, old-fashioned without even having a chance to get a crush... And she is a pathetic woman who suffers revenge for her evil deeds at such a place and damages her own reputation as his fiancée. That was Shin Sera.

Cha Jae-eon couldn't find a good reason to help Shin Se-ra, but he knew that he shouldn't turn away from her. For his own honor, not hers, he took a step slowly.

I knew that asshole had a knack for twisting my life, but...

Lee Rowoon struggled to contain the intensely rising anger. Even if a stupid woman embarrassed the family, he still had a headache as to how to fix this issue again. He grinded his teeth and called Director Baek.

“Sir, I need your help. Because Shin Sera was in trouble... No, it's not a dangerous situation. Please wait for the car and come to the ballroom.”

After finishing the call, Lee Rowoon glanced at Cha Jae-eon. Even if she has a fiancée like a tall body, shouldn't she be taken care of in a place like this? His carefree indifference felt like an insult to support.

Lee Rowoon sighed and walked towards Shin Sera. Seeing her messed up made his stomach uncomfortable. This dirty feeling would be nothing more than a universal pity that anyone could feel.

Really… I mean, it's beyond imagination.

Seo Jeong-won barely swallowed the laughter that was about to come out. He had never been so happy in his life. It was definitely a pleasure he had never felt before meeting Shin Sera.