38

One monday, an unexpected incident shocked Seongwon.

At a time when Seongwon Group's audit and diagnosis was in full swing, a whistleblower broke out from Iris, one of Seongwon's largest logistics customers. It also proves the closeness with the executives of Seongwon Construction.

'In exchange for increasing the rebate ratio, they paid an apartment in Daechi-dong and a golf membership worth billions of dollars a year to Vice President Han Sang of the Purchasing Team. It has consistently provided cash benefits to the managing directors and managing directors below him.'

It was a level of corruption that could normally be overlooked as a trading practice, but the audit team also declared that it would not stand by the situation as the accuser appeared. The accuser even submitted a secret book to the audit team stating that he had provided entertainment to the executives of Seongwon Construction and disappeared.

The identity of the accuser was none other than Lee Jong-hoon, managing director of the Iris Sales Team, a man who had built up strong trust with the executives of Seongwon Construction for a long time.

It was not clear why Jong-hoon Lee suddenly put a knife in the back of his ally, but one thing was certain. The parties involved in his betrayal, namely Seongwon Construction, Iris, and Lee Rowoon, would have to bear huge costs and losses in time.

Because it was the worst betrayal that completely sealed the exit hole.

“Fuck…!”

Lee Rowoon smashed the desk harshly. His bones had turned white and his fists were trembling. At the situation beyond his control, he felt extreme anger as if his head was being split.

“How dare you, a fucking loach cub…”

The executives accused this time were Lee Rowoon's closest limbs. Had he known that they were the seeds that were bribed through the back hole, he would have cut the shoots here first, but not in this defenseless situation.

The most troubling thing was the fact that Iris would be penalized in some way.

Iris is a company that is as good as Lee Rowoon's white knight, and has been steadily accumulating shares of Seongwon Group for several years to support him. He couldn't let them crumble down like this, who would serve as shields for the succession race.

It was almost going to turn around just by resolving the Iris incident, but an even more absurd incident occurred.

"Virus… what do you mean?”

“There was a security issue with this updated bidding system version 3.0.”

Seongwon Construction's bidding system was hacked from outside. Big data containing all information, from bidding to payment, was in danger of being leaked. A virus that entered through the bidding system even infected the Seongwon Group intranet. It was like falling over.

“How the hell did you manage the system to create such a fucking problem?”

“I’m sorry, Vice President. I will take responsibility and fix it.”

“Stop saying I’m sorry and fix it somehow. This is not going to go away.”

“Yes, I will report the situation in real time!”

Since the damage was so serious, there was no way to avoid the blame of President Shin. The feeling of being drenched in the reputation he had worked so hard to build was so terrifying that words can't describe it.

“What kind of scandal is a careful kid like you?”

President Shin was not openly angry, but he did not hide his disappointment. As he bowed his head in front of him and endured the humiliation, Lee Rowoon thought about Shin Sera.